Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Idle issues with 240sx. KA24de.

Old 05-13-2009, 04:04 PM
UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ....
Default Idle issues with 240sx. KA24de.

Alright so we dropped a KA into a friend's 240 a few weeks ago. Motor wouldnt start because (according to custom car care) the timing was bad. That was fixed, car started. Swapped out intake manifold for one in better condition, car starts up fine. The only problem is that it idles rough as ever. As if it had a nasty aftermarket cam on it. And when you accelerate it stutters really bad. we've checked as much as we know to check and can't figure it out. We've checked plugs, fuel injectors, changed MAFs, everything. Somebody help us out. I can't figure out what the hell is wrong with this thing.

Last edited by ....AJ....; 05-14-2009 at 02:36 AM.
Old 05-13-2009, 04:12 PM
psycho jungle cat

Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift
Default Re: Idle issues with 240sx. KA24de.

everything stock? And did you set the timing or did they?
Old 05-13-2009, 04:16 PM
UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE

....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ....

Originally Posted by Spindrift
everything stock? And did you set the timing or did they?
yep everything's stock. they set the timing.
Old 05-13-2009, 06:26 PM
Danny@respecgarage

RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE

Sounds like timing or some kind of mis fire. Check to see that you have spark at all plug.

I would really recheck if timing was set right and go from there. \Maf should not be the problem.

also check fuel pressure with a gauge
Old 05-13-2009, 07:03 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Check the TPS. I would normally say that sounds just like a MAF problem but it sounds like you've taken care of that. Check the wiring on the MAF too, just swapping out the sensor doesn't necessarrily find the problem. I can't remember if those engines have an intake air sensor but check that if it does. Crank or cam position sensor can definitely cause problems like that too, but it would be rare to have a failure like that without some sort of CEL. How much did the wiring get messed around with?

My other suspicion would be a vacuum leak though.
Old 05-14-2009, 02:26 AM
UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
Check the TPS. I would normally say that sounds just like a MAF problem but it sounds like you've taken care of that. Check the wiring on the MAF too, just swapping out the sensor doesn't necessarrily find the problem. I can't remember if those engines have an intake air sensor but check that if it does. Crank or cam position sensor can definitely cause problems like that too, but it would be rare to have a failure like that without some sort of CEL. How much did the wiring get messed around with?

My other suspicion would be a vacuum leak though.
It actually had a bad vacuum leak after it left CCC. The idle would go up and down and up and down. We replaced the intake manifold gasket as well as tightened down the valve cover which was ungodly loose (odd seeing as though it just came from the shop) and then the up and down idle problem stopped. I'm going to post a vid in here of what it sounds like.
Old 05-14-2009, 02:36 AM
UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE

vid posted.
Old 05-14-2009, 04:23 PM
UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE

bump for vidz. plz.

We put on the old intake manifold and now it's the up and down idle again. vacuum leak?
Old 05-15-2009, 04:53 AM
ALL ABOUT THE TORQUE

ricedoutaccord has disabled reputation

my brothers 240 did that and it was a torn injector o ring and a dead injector replaced it and runs fine
Old 05-16-2009, 10:31 AM
UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE

Ok we'll check that out

Quick Reply: Idle issues with 240sx. KA24de.