Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Idel issues and and v-tec bogg

Old 10-18-2009, 04:22 PM
Special-k

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1camslw 1camslw 1camslw 1camslw 1camslw 1camslw 1camslw 1camslw 1camslw 1camslw 1camslw
Default Idel issues and and v-tec bogg

oky, I have 2 problems here it goes........ i have a jdm b16 and its ideling like shit and i mean shit when i first start the car its revs normal but after few seconds it starts to idel down to a point where it just shuts off but if i rev it, it wount shut off unless i get off the gas then it will shut off...but its funny cause it always doesnt do it. it drives good, its just when i come to a light or a stop it wants to shut off. some times when i start the car the engine light comes on and when that happens the car revs to 2 grand and it stays on 2 grand and sometimes not all the time it idels up and down like i have a bad iac valve and also v-tec doesnt kick in at all. we checked the engine code and its the map sensor i replace the map sensor and its still throwing out the same code we also replaced the plug goin to map sensor and its still throwing it out that, and when i drive the hesitates to go....like the car jurks back and forth and the kicks in and goes, and it doesnt these all the time.

problem #2

OKY.....when my engine light doesnt come on and i hit v-tec wich hits around 5800 rpms its starts to bogg then i kicks in but it kicks in slowly. I checked my oil and its fine the car is semi built just the head tho and it has minor bolt ons if u guys could really help me i would really be happy thanks. i will give more info when needed
Old 10-18-2009, 05:55 PM
Registered Member

92gsrteg has disabled reputation
Default Re: Idel issues and and v-tec bogg

just for thought make sure your tps plug and map plug isnt crossed. they are pretty close together and easy to mix up. at least on my 92 gsr it is. my map sensor plug comes from the brake booster area and my tps plug comes from the harness right under the throttle body and on assembly they are pretty easy to plug into the wrong sensor. again thats on my car, not sure if yours is the same. But cant hurt to check
Old 10-18-2009, 06:16 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

You have an engine swap. Whenever someone has an engine swap, and they have problems like this, I always suspect the wiring. You have a MAP sensor problem, and you've replaced the sensor, and you still have the same problem. That tells me that it's a problem with the wiring or the ECU.

You know you have a sensor problem and you're still trying to go into VTEC range, which in my opinion is a retarded thing to do. Get the other problem(s) fixed first before you put the engine under that much load and RPM.
Old 10-18-2009, 06:21 PM
Special-k

1camslw 1camslw 1camslw 1camslw 1camslw 1camslw 1camslw 1camslw 1camslw 1camslw 1camslw

Originally Posted by 92gsrteg
just for thought make sure your tps plug and map plug isnt crossed. they are pretty close together and easy to mix up. at least on my 92 gsr it is. my map sensor plug comes from the brake booster area and my tps plug comes from the harness right under the throttle body and on assembly they are pretty easy to plug into the wrong sensor. again thats on my car, not sure if yours is the same. But cant hurt to check

ya i made sure that they were not crossed and even pluged tps sensor in the map and visversa and still the same thing..
Old 10-18-2009, 06:24 PM
Special-k

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
You have an engine swap. Whenever someone has an engine swap, and they have problems like this, I always suspect the wiring. You have a MAP sensor problem, and you've replaced the sensor, and you still have the same problem. That tells me that it's a problem with the wiring or the ECU.

You know you have a sensor problem and you're still trying to go into VTEC range, which in my opinion is a retarded thing to do. Get the other problem(s) fixed first before you put the engine under that much load and RPM.
ya i think that its the engine harness to.....i put a gsr ecu and it still did the samething.......the ecu im running is a p28 and its chipped i dont know if that would make a diffrence
Old 10-18-2009, 07:52 PM
Registered Member

SmokeCRX has disabled reputation

Lots of missing info. What kind of car is it in? What year engine is it? is the map located on the throttle body or is it separate from the engine? It will throw a map sensor code just becuz the engine is runnin poorly and shuttin off not cuz there is a prob with the map. The map can cause it to run bad but Map sensor is prob not the problem unless it is separate and the vacuum to it is disturbed (i.e. tapped off of or line has a crack or hole in it). Does it even rev smoothly? This sounds really bad and u really shouldnt be driving it....esp not to those extremes.

Last edited by SmokeCRX; 10-18-2009 at 07:57 PM.
Old 10-19-2009, 02:33 PM
Special-k

Originally Posted by SmokeCRX
Lots of missing info. What kind of car is it in? What year engine is it? is the map located on the throttle body or is it separate from the engine? It will throw a map sensor code just becuz the engine is runnin poorly and shuttin off not cuz there is a prob with the map. The map can cause it to run bad but Map sensor is prob not the problem unless it is separate and the vacuum to it is disturbed (i.e. tapped off of or line has a crack or hole in it). Does it even rev smoothly? This sounds really bad and u really shouldnt be driving it....esp not to those extremes.
the car is an 96 civic hatch when i buy parts 4 it i get it form a 2000 civic si....since the come with b16 and the map is on the throttle body and its a blox throttle body......i checked the vaccum lines and i dont c or hear anything....i also talked to john at abacus and he says it mite be my oil pump but im not sure. ya it revs smoothly but sum times when i drive it wount do it when im at a stand still...it hesitates to go it kinda reminds me when you have bad spark plugs or bad wires so thats what i thought it was at first so i replaced them both but it still does it...im not sure wat the hell it is sum people think its my ecu, or my wire harness and oil pump and even some say i need a tune....idk man im really lost...thanks 4 the comments every one
Old 10-20-2009, 03:12 PM
Registered Member

So...u have an OBD jumper harness? What kind of intake temp sensor are u runnin? AGAIN....what year engine is it? Does you aftermarket TB have an Idle screw? Have u tried adjustin it? Have u checked all your grounds? U may have more than one issue...your gonna have to weed through it.

Last edited by SmokeCRX; 10-20-2009 at 03:26 PM.
Old 10-20-2009, 06:04 PM
Special-k

ya i have a jumper harness that goes from obd2 to obd1. i m not sure wat kind of temp sensor i got im guessing that its stock. the motor is a jdm b16a. i messed with the idel screw but it didnt really make a diffrence. i also checked my ground i have all of the exept the one goin from the chassie to the valve cover some people that i know dont have one so i didnt both puting one on but if it does make a diffrence i will put one on.

c the thing is that it always doesnt idel weird. some times when i come to a stop its fine then it wants to shut of the goes back to ideling fine when it stay ideling fine. my check engine light only comes on when the car wants to shut off. and when the check engine light comes on it doesnt idel weird at all it just revs a little bit under 2k.
Old 10-21-2009, 06:53 PM
Registered Member

I'm guessin that your engine is a first gen B16. Again...you didnt tell me the YEAR..lol. If so you prob are runnin the Intake temp sensor that is mounted in the intake manifold. Depending on the harness you're using this wouldve required a change in wiring. What harness are u using? who wired it? This is what I would do...Remove the jumper and reinstall your factory OBD2 ecu. Start the engine and see what happens. It should run and it should throw codes. If you have a scanner that shows data available... I would check the data. I would guess one of your sensors isnt readin correctly. My guess is the IAT (may need the one in the intake stream and not the manifold... I did a swap that was like that) If you dont have a scanner w/data capabilities...pull the codes and Report back. Sorry I cant give u a quik fix...lol.

Quick Reply: Idel issues and and v-tec bogg