Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

IAT sensor

Old 08-17-2004, 05:49 AM
sup

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE
Default IAT sensor

What does it do eaxctly and how does it effect your car? I have never had one, or I should say, its never been plugged in. the obdII harness plug never fit on the obdI sensor. I get a check engine light every once in a blue moon. Am I being hurt by it?
Old 08-17-2004, 06:28 AM
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of
Default Re: IAT sensor

The sensor reads air intake temperature. It sends a signal to the ecu so that it can make minor corrections with fuel delivery. It can cause a slight stumble if bad or in your case not even plugged in. What problem are you exactly having Steve? I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary the night that I drove it.

The part number is 37880-PE2-013. I can sell it to you for $44.03
Old 08-17-2004, 06:39 AM
sup

SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE

See thats the thing, some one made a post on H-T about hesitations with the car. Mine doesnt seem to run any different. The light only comes on at weird times, well when it wants to. I know my car runs a little whacky at idle but i think that is due to the Type-R basemap in my ECU. On the old Gsr ECU it didn't seem to run any different either.
Old 08-17-2004, 06:40 AM
sup

I'll probably order the plugs, wires, and sensor from you next weekend or something.
Old 08-17-2004, 09:49 AM
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of

Ok, try pluging the stock ecu back in and see it it still has the problem as well.