Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

IAT Cel on B20 swap and a few other issues

Old 03-14-2012, 04:01 AM
11B3P

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airborne29th Airborne29th Airborne29th Airborne29th Airborne29th Airborne29th Airborne29th Airborne29th Airborne29th Airborne29th Airborne29th
Default IAT Cel on B20 swap and a few other issues

Make: Honda
Model: Civic Coupe
Year: 95
Engine/Modifications in relation to the issue: 99 JDM B20B High Comp with short IM, P75 ECU non tuned.
Issues/Questions: CEL Code 10,14
Failed solutions until now:

I pretty much haven't had any issues with this swap overall and have had it running since middle of last year, but recently I have been getting a CEL when I start the car in the morning. Colder mornings than most, but also here recently now that it has warmed up weather wise.. Last time I checked the blink codes it came out with a 10 and a 14 which would be the IAT and IACV, I've cleaned the IACV up and the FITV as well as reset the ECU and that helped a lot with idle but I'm still getting those codes on a cold start in the morning and a bogging engine until the motor warms.

Once the motor is at operating temp. I can shut the car off and immediatly turn it back on and no CEL.. Now I understand that most Honda blocks will be somewhat sluggish until it is warm but why would the IAT go off once the motor is warm unless its bad? Does anyone know the voltage that it should be when working to test it? Or just grab a replacement and throw in there?

Also, could this add to the smell of fuel/rich smell as well? Or just the fact that its running on a non tuned P75?
Also, Also.. what could make the smell of fuel in oil other than possibly a stuck open injector or fuel pushing past the rings? I've done a compression check and it checks out fine, have not tried a leakdown test for that though, or a test on the oil. THe oil's viscosity seems to be fine still though and fine when drained.

Need to add, this is a 99 JDM B20B High Comp in a 95 Civic Coupe, P75 ECU

Found some ways to test it (Google.. it's an amazing thing!).. going to test today when I get off work..

Last edited by Airborne29th; 03-14-2012 at 05:17 AM.