VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Tech Talk (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/tech-talk-9/)
-   -   i-phone and your alarm! (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/tech-talk-9/i-phone-your-alarm-314197/)

ILLEGAL 10-10-2009 06:39 AM

i-phone and your alarm!

Just got the news a few days ago at work, thought I'd share for all the guys/gals that love their phones, cars, and or electronics :)

Viper smartphone launches on oct 11th. Viper smart phone is a system that has a module with a sim card built in that connects to an application on your i-phone. With this application, you can start, lock/unlock you vehicle as long as you car and phone are in an area with a cell phone signal. (some people might have known about an old system similar to this back almost 10 years ago, but you had to pay for the monthly service)

Option 1: Add on system... If the customer already has a viper remote start system (5101,5301,5701,5901) they can purchase the add-on module for $299. If customers add the smartstart to models 5701 or 5901 security/remote start, they will recieve the alerts if the vehicle's alarm is triggered. $60 install.

Option 2: Stand alone system... If the customer doesnt have a viper R/S, they can purchase the R/S and viper smartstart for $499. The stand alone syatem will not notify cust. of tampering with their vehicles since it is a 5101 model R/S only. Basic install is included with the stand alone system.

This was not a cut and paste, I had to type all this shit out for you. Enjoy.

all4sr's 10-10-2009 06:50 AM

Re: i-phone and your alarm!

that is fucking bad ass....i was planning on putting an alarm/remote start on my next vehicle too....hmm, looks like i'll be picking up a phone with the alarm as well

phyber 10-10-2009 06:58 AM

yup, there's an app for that.

Fabrik8 10-10-2009 09:09 AM

So you have to pay for cell service for your car alarm if I understand correctly, right?

ILLEGAL 10-10-2009 09:13 AM

that was the old way. This one has no charges.

WALL-E 10-10-2009 09:36 AM

God damn, I love my iphone. I will be sure as fuck adding this to my alarm.

Haha, be like, watch what my phone can do bitch........

vroooom.

ufctapout 10-10-2009 09:47 AM

Can you still use a regular remote? My iphone fucks up enough, I don't need to get stuck locked outside of my car because the phone has issues.

SortaFlush 10-10-2009 09:48 AM

+rape

WALL-E 10-10-2009 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by ufctapout (Post 5714063)
Can you still use a regular remote? My iphone fucks up enough, I don't need to get stuck locked outside of my car because the phone has issues.

Yes, remote will still work.

b20ghost 10-10-2009 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by WALL-E (Post 5714028)
God damn, I love my iphone. I will be sure as fuck adding this to my alarm.

Haha, be like, watch what my phone can do bitch........

vroooom.

haha lol now thats funny.
I am definitely going to get this. Now I wish they would come out with an app for Hondata S-300 or neptune RTP because they got bluetooth.