Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

I gotta prob. w/my Celica

Old 07-27-2005, 11:44 AM
beautiful struggle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quentin has disabled reputation
Default I gotta prob. w/my Celica

This happens all the time when I am on a hill. Ill put in first and give it some gas, but nonthing happens. The engine wont rev at all and the only thing Im doing is rolling down the hill. Usally after I brake and rev a couple more times it will finnaly go. I asked this ? a while on on a celica site (closed down now) and they said it was a fuel problem or a fuel filter??? Im not sure what it is. I was thinking about replacing the fuel filter but it sounds kinda messy. Cause I have to go into the gas tank or something like that??

But any help would be apprecitaed. I gotta get my super cool celica back on its feet.
Old 07-27-2005, 01:32 PM
elantra gt hatch

04elantragtScot has disabled reputation
Default Re: I gotta prob. w/my Celica

sounds like when my civic transmission went but who knows im not to smart about the mechanics of a car i was at a light then went to put my foot on the accelerator and the engine just revved like i was in neutral later found out that day while in raliegh north carolina it was the transmission

thats what made me decide the 7thgen civic's suck im not a hater of them but eh i disliked mine
Old 07-27-2005, 04:27 PM
RAWR!%!#%!#

bensrex is an unknown quantity at this point

It's pretty obvious that it has something to do with the gas tank/fuel filter. Sounds like the gas in the tank is shifted to one side when you're on a hill - and the engine doesn't get any/enough gas to rev the engine. Have you tried it on a completely full tank of gas? Try that and let us know what happens.
Old 07-27-2005, 07:03 PM
Registered Member

Lt. Dan Lt. Dan Lt. Dan Lt. Dan Lt. Dan Lt. Dan Lt. Dan Lt. Dan Lt. Dan Lt. Dan Lt. Dan

The hamsters are hungry.... throw some pellets in the airbox....

Dan
Old 07-28-2005, 02:13 PM
Hollista Racing

HBizzack is an unknown quantity at this point

trade it in get a honda..........HONDAS RULE
Old 07-28-2005, 02:19 PM
VA

travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd

I think the problem is that you bought a Celica...
Old 07-29-2005, 11:18 PM
standalonecomplex

JSL1CE is infamous around these partsJSL1CE is infamous around these partsJSL1CE is infamous around these partsJSL1CE is infamous around these partsJSL1CE is infamous around these partsJSL1CE is infamous around these partsJSL1CE is infamous around these partsJSL1CE is infamous around these partsJSL1CE is infamous around these partsJSL1CE is infamous around these partsJSL1CE is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Lt. Dan
The hamsters are hungry.... throw some pellets in the airbox....

Dan
lol.
Old 07-30-2005, 12:58 AM
I have a 20 valve...

crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx

Originally Posted by Quentin
This happens all the time when I am on a hill. Ill put in first and give it some gas, but nonthing happens. The engine wont rev at all and the only thing Im doing is rolling down the hill. Usally after I brake and rev a couple more times it will finnaly go. I asked this ? a while on on a celica site (closed down now) and they said it was a fuel problem or a fuel filter??? Im not sure what it is. I was thinking about replacing the fuel filter but it sounds kinda messy. Cause I have to go into the gas tank or something like that??

But any help would be apprecitaed. I gotta get my super cool celica back on its feet.
changing the fuel filter is easy. I don't know a lot about celicas but I would be that its near your fuel tank, not in it. It should look something like a coke can, with a tube at each end and probably a wire for monitoring. Its easy to change, 2 wrenches and it should come right off.

Check that. And tell us more about the problem- when you're going up a hill and you rev, the RPM's don't change at all? Does it stall out? it could also be something in your fuel management (probably just your ECU). tell us more bud.
Old 07-30-2005, 02:10 AM

cimburke23 has disabled reputation

yeah if it is just keeping idle when you press the gas it sounds to me like a sensor or somthing electrical. maybe those crazy people at toyota have a sensor in the tranny or somthing that sense that motion of you rolling down the hill and it wont allow you to go forward, or maybe it is just the fuel tank. but i would think you would stall if it was a fuel not getting to the engine issue.
Old 07-30-2005, 09:32 AM

2ZZ-GEcBnBLu is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Quentin

Post this on Newcelica.org

Quick Reply: I gotta prob. w/my Celica