Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

i can't get my timing right for some reason

Old 07-17-2008, 10:04 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jaydmdc2 has disabled reputation
Default i can't get my timing right for some reason

hey im having problems getting my timing right on my d16a6 i just put new valve seals in because it was smoking and it fixed that problem but now im having a problem getting the timing marks in the right place. when i put the timing belt back on i lined up the white mark on the crank pulley with the pointer on the timing belt cover and set the cam gear with the up arrow up and the two lines on the side level with the head. my problem is when i try to set my timing i can't get the 3 lines on the crank pulley to even come close to the pointer even if i have the distutor pushed all the way towards the firewall it's still like an inch away from the pointer. im pretty stumped about this situation. can anyone help me out and let me know what im doing wrong. when i drove the car i can really feel it straining and holding back the timing is definitly retard. please someone help so i can get my car back on the road.
Old 07-17-2008, 02:29 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jaydmdc2 has disabled reputation
Default Re: i can't get my timing right for some reason

nevermind found out what the problem was