Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Hydrolic Clutch Experts!

Old 04-29-2004, 09:40 PM
04 Mazda 6s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
USAFturtle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hydrolic Clutch Experts!

I have a weird problem with the hydrolic clutch on my 87 GT. I've already bleed the clutch and all components such as the Master and Slave Cylinder along with the lines and such have been replaced like 10,000 miles ago, also they look to be just fine under visual inspection.

After bleeding the clutch, the clutch feels great......unless I go around a long turn (like an on/off ramp) fairly hard...then when I come out of the turn, I can't shift for like 10 seconds....the clutch is soft and gives me almost no return. If I just let her coast for about 10 seconds with the clutch up....it's back to normal and you would never think anything was wrong.

Theories as to the cause of this????
Old 04-29-2004, 09:59 PM

projsr20det projsr20det projsr20det projsr20det projsr20det projsr20det
Default Re: Hydrolic Clutch Experts!

Throwout bearing is probably sticking to the PP somehow (bad return spring, grease on the bearing face\lip...), clutch goes soft, since the lever\slave plunger are not in contact?
If this was the case though it would happen most of the time, not just turns. Did you pull your tranny, what does the clutch assy look like?
Old 04-29-2004, 11:12 PM
04 Mazda 6s

havn't pulled the tranny....the tranny was fully rebuilt not 10,000 miles ago so unless some idiot did the rebuild, everything should look good. Basically, the entire transmission was replaced....wait, the entire transmission WAS replaced. haha
Old 04-30-2004, 05:46 AM
200HP/L

Josepi Josepi Josepi Josepi Josepi Josepi Josepi

Have you verified that the slave cylinder is working as it should? Get out and have someone work the clutch and watch the rod go in and out pushing against the clutch fork. See if it's the fork sticking (the rod is retracting into the slave) or the slave is sticking.
Old 04-30-2004, 06:00 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

you have dsm like symptoms..............
Old 04-30-2004, 06:24 AM
04 Mazda 6s

Josepi....I have visually watched the slave but the problem is, the only time I have symptoms is for about 10 seconds after a fairly hard turn so I can't exactly hop out and watch it. It's annoying because I can't troubleshoot it, I just keep working on stuff and seeing if it happens next time.