Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

How to get out of Alt. Suspension ticket ???

Old 07-08-2003, 06:44 AM
ONE6MOTORSPOTS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JayDeeM
Default How to get out of Alt. Suspension ticket ???

Some people told me to take pics of my car and others told me to get a write up from a shop verifying that they have checked my ride height . . . . Got court this Fri. . . Appreciate any advice
Old 07-08-2003, 07:05 AM
Registered Member

IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince

raise your car and take pictures of it i guess. i have seen some people take pictures of their cars.
Old 07-08-2003, 07:27 AM
sup

SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE

tell them that the law states if you have altered suspension it has to be between 14-22" from the center of the headlight, i believe, to the ground, if he didnt measure then there shouldnt be a case... i dont think the law states you cant have altered suspension, but i might be wrong
Old 07-08-2003, 08:19 AM
Bitches get Stitches

sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike

no...i believe the law actually states that you may not alter your car in a fashion that alters it to a form that is not stocklike...which means it's ok if you put a diff. muffler on thats like a stock one, but not ok if you put one on thats aftermarket because it's not like the stock muffler. at least thats how my friend described it to me after he told me he had talked w/ a cop. he used to get fined for alt. susp. all the time because he was in twisted koncepts....

if i were you i'd just take pics of the car at a stocklike ride height and see if you can get off that way...but the judge might ask if you've reverted the suspension back to stock...
Old 07-08-2003, 08:33 AM
Atheist.

Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker

If you actually paid to have it fixed, take the receipt, guaranteed dismissal.

If you did it yourself or are just claiming that you fixed it, bring pics showing that it has been restored to stock height, and you should have no problem unless the you get an asshole judge.

As soon as you step up to the judge, say "Good Morning!" That always seems to help.
Old 07-08-2003, 08:53 AM
ONE6MOTORSPOTS

JayDeeM

I thought they messure from the corner light too BUT from what the cop told me it is from the middle of the bumbper . . . That BiT ain't even let me get out an watch him messure that shiet plus I had 4 heads in my car . . . . Good lookin out on all the advice
Old 07-08-2003, 09:17 AM
Banned

gopedracer is an unknown quantity at this point

jack your car up with some jacks to were your car is the legal height, then take pictures of it with a tape measurer in front of it proving it is high enough and make sure you cant see the jacks, take the pictures wit you to court and show them you raised your car back up... it will work it work for my friends SI.
Old 07-08-2003, 11:05 AM
Lost Cat Magnet

drifterJERRY is an unknown quantity at this point

dress nice and address the judge as "your honor"
also if your were cooperative with the police officer, ask the officer to relay that to the judge...judges like to hear that your werent a pain in the ass.
dont try to talk laws with the judge...he knows them, just fix the problem (or make it look like you did) and show the judge that...hell, ive even told the judge that i dont have the car anymore/photo didnt turn out/brought in a pic of another car completely/and said that my parents took the car away from me (when i was way younger) and had those work.
Old 07-08-2003, 02:15 PM
Nic
Patron

Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic

Just suck it up and pay your $70. If you want to avoid it in the future, raise it back up a little, otherwise, you probably get a ticket once every year or two? No big deal to just pay out a few bucks every once in a while IMO.
Old 07-08-2003, 06:18 PM
square1motorsports

90 hatch is an unknown quantity at this point

jaydeem, this is chris. they are suppose to measure from where inside the bumper cover, there is the actual metal bumper. it is suppose to be 14 inches from the ground to the bottom of the actual metal bumper. just jack the front and back of the car up and take a tape measure and measure like 14 or 15 inches from like the middle of the bumper covers on your car and take pictures. take those to court with you. if you havent had that many tickets, you should get out of it.

Quick Reply: How to get out of Alt. Suspension ticket ???