Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

how to eliminate ABS in my Del Sol vtec

Old 08-16-2009, 03:29 PM
RHD all day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TheNiteKid TheNiteKid TheNiteKid TheNiteKid TheNiteKid TheNiteKid TheNiteKid TheNiteKid TheNiteKid TheNiteKid TheNiteKid
Default how to eliminate ABS in my Del Sol vtec

Hey guys , im getting ready to re-start my Del Sol project , its a 95 VTEC model with stock B16A3, i want to kinda do a mild shave on the engine bay and as everyone know the ABS is fucking ugly as hell and yeah , so i need some good advice , thanks
Old 08-16-2009, 06:18 PM
Registered Member

BatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these parts
Default Re: how to eliminate ABS in my Del Sol vtec

Just unplug it and take it out

I know nothing about this
Old 08-16-2009, 06:34 PM
VAdriven Sponsor

RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt

u have to change everything execpt the 2 lines coming from the rear, any eg without abs will work, u need the master cylinder, prop valve, and lines going from each as well as the lines going from the prop valve to the 2 front brakes
Old 08-16-2009, 08:41 PM
I Love to Hate

B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well

if you have time and patience you can tuck the abs brain.

need some 3/16 brake line, flare tool and some flare fittings.

at this point you mine as well tuck the whole brake system.

check out the tuck,shave engine bay thread on HT. the first page has TONS of useful info. and if you feel like reading the hundreds of paged you will definately gain tons of knowledge.
Old 08-16-2009, 09:12 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

That's a really...interesting reason to get rid of your ABS. I'll wait for the part where you say you don't need it and you're a waaay better driver without it anyway. But no, engine bay appearance is a great reason to get rid of ABS, go for it.
Old 08-17-2009, 12:40 PM
RHD all day

TheNiteKid TheNiteKid TheNiteKid TheNiteKid TheNiteKid TheNiteKid TheNiteKid TheNiteKid TheNiteKid TheNiteKid TheNiteKid

thanks alot for all the help, but every honda ive owned the abs isnt really needed it still locks up anyway , thanks guys
Old 08-17-2009, 12:43 PM
DEY SEE ME TROLLIN

DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt

So let me get this straight. You want to eliminate your ABS because it doesnt look good under the hood? Really?
Old 08-17-2009, 12:50 PM
Sorry. Not really.

BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve

Let's be real, hondas don't go fast enough to need it. It was a cosmetic mod from the factory, similar to a rear spoiler.
Old 08-17-2009, 01:09 PM
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
That's a really...interesting reason to get rid of your ABS. I'll wait for the part where you say you don't need it and you're a waaay better driver without it anyway. But no, engine bay appearance is a great reason to get rid of ABS, go for it.
Old 08-18-2009, 07:00 AM
VAdriven Sponsor

RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt

u guys that are bashing him would be supriesd how often this has been done (race cars and street cars), im not saying its wrong or right, but not everone in the world is a road racing nut

Quick Reply: how to eliminate ABS in my Del Sol vtec