Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

how do i wire up my b16 pre-obd in my 91 hatch si

Old 12-06-2002, 05:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tegd-out is an unknown quantity at this point
Default how do i wire up my b16 pre-obd in my 91 hatch si

can anybody tell me how to wire up my ecu using my stock wiring harness in my 91 civic hatch si? it starts and runs but vtec wont kick in so i basicly need to know how to wire up the vtec to work. also what is the # on the ecu i'm suppose to use i have a pr4 and a pr3 will either of those work to make the vtec kick in once i wire it up?thanks.

Last edited by tegd-out; 12-06-2002 at 05:58 AM.
Old 12-06-2002, 06:09 AM
Old School Beast

PoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these parts

you want to use the pr3 .... i can do the work for you ... you will have to run vtec , vtec oil pressure , knock sensor , and one other wire .... ill have to go look it up ... i got the jdm helms manual for the SIR .... its quite easy ... i did my dx harness and adding 2 injectors , resistor pack , vtec wanst hard at all ...
Old 12-06-2002, 06:35 AM

Nosious is an unknown quantity at this point

the other wire is the secondary o2 sensor......i just bought the HASport harness for easy plug and play as well as the OEM look......$75