Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

How difficult is a ZC Swap?

Old 10-10-2007, 01:43 PM
89 Si Hatch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gadianton Racer has disabled reputation
Lightbulb How difficult is a ZC Swap?

I was just wondering as to how difficult it actually is to do a ZC swap. I personally have a average skill level at working on cars. My father on the other hand is 46 and has been a mechanic since he was 18. We have worked together on tons of cars, but nothing ever as extensive as a motor swap. What we want to do is replace a stock engine of a 92-95 Civic hatch with a ZC motor. I have alway enjoyed imports but my actual knowledge as to how everything works is lacking at best. Do you guys think we could pull this off? Also what all would we actually need? Could we use the stock tranny? Just what does this project consist of? I was also wondering what is a good place to buy a ZC swap. I really would appreciate some advice on this. Thanks.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:52 PM
89 Si Hatch

Default Re: How difficult is a ZC Swap?

Oh yeah one more thing, if I was looking for after market parts for a ZC what car would I look under. Like most websites just ask for which car do you want to buy something. So what would I look under. I know someone will probably think thats a dumb ? but like I said my knowledge of these things isnt that great. So im not going to fake it. Im just trying to learn.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:41 PM
Speak&Spell Anyone?

Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell

A zc swap is very easy to do. It goes in just like the stock motor. You don't need a tranny or anything just the motor, you can use all the other stuff from the car's prior set up. Makato Autoparts in Chesapeake has them in stock and they are pretty cheap. If your dad works on cars then he can do it.
Old 10-10-2007, 06:23 PM
umm yea

allstockeg has disabled reputation

pull the old one out and put that one in takes bout an hour
Old 10-11-2007, 01:25 PM
89 Si Hatch

Where are some more places I could get one of these?
Old 10-12-2007, 06:12 AM
Banned

UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn

Originally Posted by Cpt. Non-Spell
A zc swap is very easy to do. It goes in just like the stock motor. You don't need a tranny or anything just the motor, you can use all the other stuff from the car's prior set up. Makato Autoparts in Chesapeake has them in stock and they are pretty cheap. If your dad works on cars then he can do it.
trust me this guy will be the cheapest and the best