Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

how to convert obd1 to obd2

Old 06-20-2010, 10:14 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bobbyspradlin89 has disabled reputation
Default how to convert obd1 to obd2

ok i have a 1993 honda civic hatch i had a b20 in it i decided to pull it out and i purchased a b18c type r engine and i take it that it is obd2 because none of the plugs will plug in? i have the wiring harness nd ecu out of the acura it came out of but im stuck now wat do i do? needhelp please
Old 06-20-2010, 10:20 AM
Banned

emptylotsurfer emptylotsurfer emptylotsurfer emptylotsurfer emptylotsurfer emptylotsurfer
Default Re: how to convert obd1 to obd2

your gonna have to find the right jumper harness or cut and spplice a shit ton of wire ive been working on my 97 ek with a obd1 gsr in it and shit still keeps going wrong as of plugs not working and ashit its a pain if your not a mechanic or dont know one save money and get the swap done somewhere to save you money and i think ramey built is cheap he qouted me 500 and thats no worries on your end ya know
Old 06-20-2010, 10:30 AM
Registered Member

well i know pretty much the basics but i gota guy helpin me that is pretty gud but he has never done a type r swap and i dont kno wat to do ive spent all this money and was hopein it wouldnt be this confusing i mean is there any way i can use my old harness and chage the dizzy and or cut the old plugs off my harness and wire on my new ones from my haress that came with it like my alt. plug my fule injectors?
Old 06-20-2010, 10:41 AM
The Douche is here

oodie is infamous around these partsoodie is infamous around these partsoodie is infamous around these partsoodie is infamous around these partsoodie is infamous around these partsoodie is infamous around these partsoodie is infamous around these partsoodie is infamous around these partsoodie is infamous around these partsoodie is infamous around these partsoodie is infamous around these parts

You modify the harness for car to fit motor making the motor obd1. Dont try to convert to obd2 thats trouble in making.
Old 06-20-2010, 10:48 AM
Banned

emptylotsurfer emptylotsurfer emptylotsurfer emptylotsurfer emptylotsurfer emptylotsurfer

mines converted just haveing two probs right now and my boy did the same set up with a b 16 and his runs great and youll figure it out man just dont rush sht cause thats what fucked my firts harness up and had to find another and did it right this time only changed my injectors and got dizzy jumper and ecu jumper life is easy now
Old 06-20-2010, 10:54 AM
Registered Member

soo wat im really tryin to say is the plugs that cum out my fire wall and to the strut towers will nt plug into the type r harness soo in other words wat do i do? give me the opions i can do?
Old 06-20-2010, 12:18 PM
Registered Member

is there anyone that can give me sum advice please ? im up for any help i can get thanx
Old 06-20-2010, 06:56 PM
Banned

make your harness work will be the easiest way to do that unless you spnd money then rywire\.com can make you a harness they would just need both harneess and money ofcourse call them and see what it would cost
Old 06-20-2010, 07:09 PM
Registered Member

brandon.beene can only hope to improve

do the smart thing and buy the conversion harness from rywire.com. makes life simple