Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Hondata/Ubberdata???

Old 10-19-2004, 02:21 PM
always broke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DomesticDesire is a splendid one to beholdDomesticDesire is a splendid one to beholdDomesticDesire is a splendid one to beholdDomesticDesire is a splendid one to beholdDomesticDesire is a splendid one to beholdDomesticDesire is a splendid one to beholdDomesticDesire is a splendid one to beholdDomesticDesire is a splendid one to behold
Default Hondata/Ubberdata???

I know i have been posting alot of stupid questions about ecu's and all that stuff, but i honestly am jsut starting to learn about this stuff. I want to know what all i have to do to get the hondata ?"S200"? system set up. I am trying to purchace a p28 ecu, and i am putting this on a B16A. Im not so concerned with the price.......... i really just want to know what all i have to do to get this stuff together and installed corectly.

Right now my car is down, it has a bad dizzy, so i figured since i got most of the parts to build it now....... i would go ahead and make the switch to obd1. I have heard awsome stuff about the hondata systems. So if you all could help me out that would be awsome. So far i have a skunk2 intake manifold, ITR TB, ordered comp stage2 cams, about to order a header ( if anyone wants to help me find a nice header at a low price feel free to chime in), and titanium valve springs and retainers. I also have the comp adj cam gears.

And about the ubberdata, does anyone know anythign about it, price, instalation requirments....... how well it works?

thanks for all your help its really appriciated!!
Bryan
Old 10-19-2004, 04:03 PM

BlackThorN is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hondata/Ubberdata???

Originally Posted by DomesticDesire
I know i have been posting alot of stupid questions about ecu's and all that stuff, but i honestly am jsut starting to learn about this stuff. I want to know what all i have to do to get the hondata ?"S200"? system set up. I am trying to purchace a p28 ecu, and i am putting this on a B16A. Im not so concerned with the price.......... i really just want to know what all i have to do to get this stuff together and installed corectly.

Right now my car is down, it has a bad dizzy, so i figured since i got most of the parts to build it now....... i would go ahead and make the switch to obd1. I have heard awsome stuff about the hondata systems. So if you all could help me out that would be awsome. So far i have a skunk2 intake manifold, ITR TB, ordered comp stage2 cams, about to order a header ( if anyone wants to help me find a nice header at a low price feel free to chime in), and titanium valve springs and retainers. I also have the comp adj cam gears.

And about the ubberdata, does anyone know anythign about it, price, instalation requirments....... how well it works?

thanks for all your help its really appriciated!!
Bryan
www.hondata.com

if your car is obd2 you'll need a harness to make it obd1 and the correct ecu, you'll also need to have the ecu chipped for a hondata

I have an SMSP header for a B series, it's ceramic coated and designed for a 1.8 litre but it may help you out

it's still on my car and will be until I find a stock exhaust b pipe and muffler but anyways

I know nothing about uberdata personally

as far as I know all you'll need is mabye a harness, then the ecu and the chip, then the hondata itself

check out the hondata forums they're VERY helpful

Nick
Old 10-19-2004, 05:31 PM
l

WillsH22Accord is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.ecimulti.org/uberdata/
Bryan, you never come to me first, tisk tisk.
^
edit:always forget its a y

Last edited by WillsH22Accord; 10-19-2004 at 05:37 PM.
Old 10-20-2004, 08:15 AM
"Mod Everything"

j.i.g. has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by WillsH22Accord
http://www.ecimulti.org/uberdata/
Bryan, you never come to me first, tisk tisk.
^
edit:always forget its a y
^^^^^ I would highly recommend this if you are a DIY kind of guy. Hondata is for rich kids (or lazy). With uber, you can learn to tune yourself, hondata, you are not able to tune (only athorized hondata tunners).

Do some research, learn it yourself.

Plenty of people here who can help you out.
Old 10-20-2004, 07:19 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Is there some magical rule now that you can't buy your own Hondata software?? I know a number of people who do their own Hondata tuning, they've bought the software and do it themselves..

If you want to roll up your sleeves and learn, give Uberdata a shot. All you will need is a chipped (socketed) ECU, and an EPROM programmer (to burn the chips). I can help with the chipping if you need. The hardware is the same whether you use Uberdata or Hondata.
Old 10-21-2004, 03:29 AM
"Mod Everything"

j.i.g. has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
Is there some magical rule now that you can't buy your own Hondata software?? I know a number of people who do their own Hondata tuning, they've bought the software and do it themselves..

If you want to roll up your sleeves and learn, give Uberdata a shot. All you will need is a chipped (socketed) ECU, and an EPROM programmer (to burn the chips). I can help with the chipping if you need. The hardware is the same whether you use Uberdata or Hondata.
You're right Fab, I checked a while ago and they were'nt selling the software with the s200. Looks like they are now...
The base price for the s200 is $295 This allows the ECU to be tuned by a dealer or anyone with ROM Editor V3 and a programmer. You will need a base program (ROM) for your vehicle/engine/ECU which you can get from your dealer.

Price Description
$295 Base s200 system - speed limiter removed (if applicable), tunable fuel and ignition tables, expanded rpm fuel & ignition tables, VTEC control, adjustable rev limiter.

Various additional options are available, either when the unit is ordered or as an upgrade later:

Price Description
$125 3 step rev limiter- Launch control and full throttle shift.
$200 Boost capability. Needed for turbo or supercharged applications
$200 Datalogging capability. Required if you want to tune it yourself
$250 G Sensor module.
$200 ROM Editor V3 (requires datalogging). Required for tuning yourself.
$180 Romulator realtime emulator.
$180 Programmer (requires ROM Editor V3) Required for tuning yourself.

Ouch.. this could get expensive.
hondata-
s200 $295 + boost $200 + datalogging $200 + ROM editor V3 $200 + programmer $180 = $1075
uberdata-
ecu P28/P72/PO6 (you may have this already) $150-200 + programmer $180 + uberdata $free = alot less money

I guess if I had the money I'd go with hodata, check out this N/A K-Series Insight!
http://www.hondata.com/
Old 10-21-2004, 12:50 PM
always broke

DomesticDesire is a splendid one to beholdDomesticDesire is a splendid one to beholdDomesticDesire is a splendid one to beholdDomesticDesire is a splendid one to beholdDomesticDesire is a splendid one to beholdDomesticDesire is a splendid one to beholdDomesticDesire is a splendid one to beholdDomesticDesire is a splendid one to behold

thanks guys, i dont know what i am going to do, i think i am going to take apole!
Old 10-21-2004, 12:51 PM
EEK
卐 Walnuts

EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK

there both roughly the same except uberdata is about $70 cheapier