Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

hondata tuning

Old 05-09-2011, 07:35 PM
wadafuxup

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
burton has a reputation beyond reputeburton has a reputation beyond reputeburton has a reputation beyond reputeburton has a reputation beyond reputeburton has a reputation beyond reputeburton has a reputation beyond reputeburton has a reputation beyond reputeburton has a reputation beyond reputeburton has a reputation beyond repute
Default hondata tuning

hey all Im currently have a built dart ls vtec turbo with the greddy 18g kit on 3 pounds with 330cc injectors and the greddy blue box. Shes running really rich as it is, but Ive got s100, chipped p72, converstion harness, dsm 450's + resistor box, and ngk cold spark plugs ready to be put in. Should i install the above and drive to a tuner which is about a hour away or should i just let the tuner install them and just pay the extra cash? Basically, im nervous to drive the car with all of this untuned.....would it be safe if i stayed out of boost or just a disaster waiting to happen? Thanks
Old 05-10-2011, 07:41 AM
Registered Member

hottscennessey has a spectacular aura abouthottscennessey has a spectacular aura abouthottscennessey has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: hondata tuning

Have the tuner give you a basemap for the larger injectors, don't limp it there with the wrong size injectors.
Old 05-10-2011, 08:22 AM
Registered member

wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright

Drive the car there the way that it is and then put the stuff in before the appointment.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:07 AM
Banned

twinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by wright
Drive the car there the way that it is and then put the stuff in before the appointment.
in other words, take ur tools n jack with u lol
Old 05-10-2011, 10:53 AM
certified asshole

crasy87rexsi crasy87rexsi crasy87rexsi crasy87rexsi crasy87rexsi crasy87rexsi

Put those parts on now and trailer it to the tuner, don't ever assume it will make it off the dyno alive. If you don't have a trailer go to uhaul and rent one.
Old 05-14-2011, 11:52 AM
Shooting 63's

idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda

Why run injectors that need a resistor box...when you can buy GOOD saturated injectors that are plug-and-play for very reasonable prices?
Old 05-14-2011, 06:42 PM
I <3 MY EG

JustaGSR18 has disabled reputation

you say its running rich.. do you have a wideband? what ecu are you running it on now?
Old 06-02-2011, 04:49 PM
wadafuxup

burton has a reputation beyond reputeburton has a reputation beyond reputeburton has a reputation beyond reputeburton has a reputation beyond reputeburton has a reputation beyond reputeburton has a reputation beyond reputeburton has a reputation beyond reputeburton has a reputation beyond reputeburton has a reputation beyond repute

i got a pretty good deal on some dsm 450's and i got the problem solved with it running rich, right now its on a stock b16 ecu with the greddy blue box. Ive got an appointment to get the car tuned on the tenth on a chipped p72 with hondata. Im just trying to get a conservative tune right now for the drive back to va, then in july im driving out to vegas, after that i plan on upgrading the parts