VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Tech Talk (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/tech-talk-9/)
-   -   Honda shocks...hard to find.. (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/tech-talk-9/honda-shocks-hard-find-67309/)

Pink02Civic 09-20-2004 07:54 AM

Honda shocks...hard to find..

I really duno if this is the righr forum for this and i really dont care either.....I seem to be hanving a problem finding aftermarket shocks for my 02 Honda....either all that is available is stock or coneys and i want Tockicos or KYB's , ive called around and looked everywhere possible....if anyone knows where i can order some and have them over nighted....please lemme know thanks...and yes i tryed the fucking yellow pages...

TPJ 09-20-2004 08:18 AM

Re: Honda shocks...hard to find..

ever tried looking online? if you cant find aftermarket parts for a civic, youve got the wrong hobby

MerF 09-20-2004 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by NoReverse
ever tried looking online? if you cant find aftermarket parts for a civic, youve got the wrong hobby

:stupid:

zappas 09-20-2004 09:09 AM

Advance auto.
Autozone.

and most muffler/tire shops will install them...

and you can get them from honda at a raised price.

MerF 09-20-2004 09:14 AM

^^ Where the hell have you been hiding? I drive a Camaro now and I'm just craving your attention. :love:

zappas 09-20-2004 09:30 AM

holy ish merril.

where might i find a picture of this beast.

i :love: u 2

MerF 09-20-2004 09:45 AM

Search for mullet.

vasponger 09-20-2004 09:59 AM

haha ^

if you oly find Tockicos or KYB's what the hell are you looking for? some cheap pieces of shit? then you got tein's but if you cant find those theres no help for you

Pink02Civic 09-20-2004 05:09 PM

I WANT tokicos or KYBS i dont want anything else....Yes i looked online....apparently they dont make any aftermarket shocks for my car except..Coney..did i spell it right? and those go inside the stock shocks..so no i dont want those...And the KYB and Tokicos arent coming out til mid october....no i cant wait for them i need them ASAP....i have the right hobby people just need to jump on making stuff for the newer civics...i dont think 01 shocks would fit..or would they?? same basic car?

mbui00 09-20-2004 05:28 PM

koni. If you get kyb, get the agx model, they are adjustable. Cocaine's a hell of a drug hehe.. he...

MerF 09-20-2004 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Pink02Civic
I and those go inside the stock shocks.

:wtf:

vasponger 09-20-2004 07:31 PM

ahahah KONIs are good too.

zappas 09-20-2004 07:36 PM

I WANT tokicos or KYBS i dont want anything else....Yes i looked online....apparently they dont make any aftermarket shocks for my car except..Coney..did i spell it right? and those go inside the stock shocks..so no i dont want those...And the KYB and Tokicos arent coming out til mid october....no i cant wait for them i need them ASAP....i have the right hobby people just need to jump on making stuff for the newer civics...i dont think 01 shocks would fit..or would they?? same basic car?

Do you have a clue about what your saying?

http://www.autobarn.com/keystone/par...p_keystone.php

if you cant get it from there then...

Keepin it Klean 09-20-2004 07:40 PM

they dont make anything besides koni's unless you want a true coilover, like teins

My car has koni yellows on it with ground control coilovers...

if you want more information about 7th gens visit www.2k1civic.com

Pink02Civic 09-20-2004 07:45 PM

Yeah i have Ground Controls as well....but all i need are the shocks...sucks to be me i guess?

zappas 09-20-2004 07:46 PM

so go buy shocks.

they do make them

Keepin it Klean 09-20-2004 07:47 PM

why dont you want koni yellows?

i love them

Orange_Fly_Bye 09-20-2004 08:11 PM

01 stuff will fit on 02 stuff there hun. i want to see ur pink 02 civic, wat else do u have done to it any pics

Jay 09-20-2004 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by NoReverse
if you cant find aftermarket parts for a civic, youve got the wrong hobby

Nah bro, she's been in the scene for "a while".

Hey bitch, what color is faster, pink or silver?

www.honda-tech.com

Go learn something.

Pink02Civic 09-20-2004 08:46 PM

No pics yet ill let you know when i got some...Koni yellows ive been told..."arent recommended" for some reason...i duno you like em tho eh? They ride good?

Pink02Civic 09-20-2004 08:47 PM

If 01 shocks wil fit then good for me...ill be sure to check that out...

Pink02Civic 09-20-2004 08:49 PM

aww and thanks VR-4 for callin me a bitch im only a bitch to people are insecure about themselves and thier rides and like to dog on other people for no good reason so why dont you do us all a favor and die ok?? thanks :)

Keepin it Klean 09-20-2004 09:24 PM

No pics yet ill let you know when i got some...Koni yellows ive been told..."arent recommended" for some reason...i duno you like em tho eh? They ride good?

The reason some people dont like them is because the front shocks are inserts, that means they are placed inside the stock shock body...mine ride fine and are adjustable to whatever kind of ride you want. ive had them on for about 2 years now and no problems what so ever

Mike

Pink02Civic 09-20-2004 10:38 PM

yea thats what the guy at Mel. was tellin me and thats all i need is the front shocks he said he didnt recomend them tho...plus they were about $390 so?? How much did you pay for yours? and where?
Cryistal

Keepin it Klean 09-20-2004 10:43 PM

check out

http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=171892

I paid about $500 for front and rear shocks, id suggest you get all four not just the fronts, especially if your lowered at all

Pink02Civic 09-21-2004 08:53 AM

apparently 01 will fit an 02 but is there anything avaiable at this moment of course NOT!

Keepin it Klean 09-21-2004 10:58 AM

apparently 01 will fit an 02 but is there anything avaiable at this moment of course NOT!

what the fuck are you talking about? what do these look like?

Koni Yellow
KYB Gr-2
KYB AGX
Tokico Blues (HP)
Tokico D Spec
Mouton (but these are mad expensive)
Spoon (but these are mad expensive)

1) Koni yellows - The front struts need to be modified for them to fit. There are a few different sizes (50mm or 55mm). These are probably your best bet for autocrossing or road racing if you don't have full coils.

2) KYB Gr-2 - These are not performance shocks. While they are better than OEM they usually can't handle a very low drop. They will improve rdie and handling, but arn't meant to be slammed on. They are non-adjustable.

3) KYB AGX - Adjustable shocks good for lowering and some racing. While konis might be better, these are a good alternative.

4) Tokico Blues (HP) - These are decent shocks. They are non-adjustable. They are probably better than the Gr-2s, but usually can't handle very low drops.

5) Tokico D-Specs - 16 way adjustable shocks. These are probably very close to koni's in terms of performance, but very few people have them just yet.

Pink02Civic 09-21-2004 07:18 PM

no no i saw all that dude but everywhere i called they were like we dont have anything for that car but i had some strings pulles and got the Tokicos....thanks for the help?

Keepin it Klean 09-21-2004 07:32 PM

you can order those online at any store i guess

glad i could help

Pink02Civic 09-21-2004 07:39 PM

i duno whenever i went online and put in the make model and year it came up w/ NOTHING odd?

DrkIrny 09-22-2004 05:31 AM

who the fuck said that. koni yellow are great shocks, i believe best you can get unless you want to spend 1k on real coilovers. go learn something before you open your mouth

Pink02Civic 09-22-2004 07:50 AM

awww thats cute...but i wanted shocks yea b/c i already have coilovers..see how that works out?? I got Tokicos and im happy w/ that...and i myself didnt say that they werent recommended i said i was told that.... Ok thanks...for playing buh bye now...

vasponger 09-22-2004 09:12 AM

^ you r teh luzar

Pink02Civic 09-22-2004 09:19 AM

WTF is that? Please translate, someone...

Jay 09-22-2004 09:27 AM

You're a fucking idiot.

soulDistortion 09-22-2004 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by VR-4ever
You're a fucking idiot.

Yes.

Christ, if someone can't do something with all the goddamn info people have given in this thread, they need to rethink their hobby.