Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Honda Question

Old 11-27-2009, 08:12 AM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
maxnmnn has disabled reputation
Default Honda Question

hey guys. So i just got into my 99 prelude yesterday and when i tried shiftign i basically only had two gears 3rd and 4th. the shift knob was really loose and even when i put it into gear i could move it all around. is it the linkage cable? and how much would it cost to fix this?
Old 11-27-2009, 10:23 AM
Registered Member

whpazz is infamous around these partswhpazz is infamous around these partswhpazz is infamous around these partswhpazz is infamous around these partswhpazz is infamous around these partswhpazz is infamous around these partswhpazz is infamous around these partswhpazz is infamous around these partswhpazz is infamous around these partswhpazz is infamous around these partswhpazz is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Honda Question

It's a linkage. You may have broken shift fork in the transmission. Look on the passenger side there should be two rods from the shifter to the tranny as long as the connections are tight it will probably be internal tranny problem.
Old 11-27-2009, 12:29 PM
Registered member

maxnmnn has disabled reputation

alright thatnks alot man. how much could it cost?
Old 11-28-2009, 03:35 PM
Registered Member

whpazz is infamous around these partswhpazz is infamous around these partswhpazz is infamous around these partswhpazz is infamous around these partswhpazz is infamous around these partswhpazz is infamous around these partswhpazz is infamous around these partswhpazz is infamous around these partswhpazz is infamous around these partswhpazz is infamous around these partswhpazz is infamous around these parts

call poor tonys and talk to steve tell him Ed told you to call the number there is 757-855-4011 he will hook you up.