VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Tech Talk (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/tech-talk-9/)
-   -   Honda Prelude Bike solutions? (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/tech-talk-9/honda-prelude-bike-solutions-412898/)

proxers 09-18-2011 01:18 PM

Honda Prelude Bike solutions?

Like the title says, I'm looking for a way (preferably cheap) to get a bike in/on a 4th gen Prelude ('94)

Bike is a plain old RedLine. Need to get it from RVA to Portsmouth. Will NOT fit in the backseat, or trunk.

:D

Gen_Crunchytoes 09-18-2011 01:33 PM

Re: Honda Prelude Bike solutions?

are you serious?

nftuatn 09-18-2011 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by proxers (Post 7356098)
Like the title says, I'm looking for a way (preferably cheap) to get a bike in/on a 4th gen Prelude ('94)

Bike is a plain old RedLine. Need to get it from RVA to Portsmouth. Will NOT fit in the backseat, or trunk.

its called taking the front wheel off or taking it and strapping it to the roof or go to walmart and buy a trunk rack to put it on

proxers 09-18-2011 02:19 PM

I had a trunk rack from a friend, it didn't fit correctly. Tried taking both wheels off, still wouldn't go into backseat. I even tried kicking the damn thing in there... no luck.

And it's illegal to just strap it to the roof. Got pulled over before with a bike ratchet strapped to a Baretta.

It would be different if I was just driving down the street, but I'm driving an hour and 45 minutes on the interstate. This needs to be right.

RandomTask 09-18-2011 02:28 PM

Does it have a trailer hitch?

Wife has one of these for the TSX;

http://www.rackattack.com/dynamicima...ke-carrier.jpg

If not, you can always get something like this for the cheap on CL;
http://www.bikecarrierdirect.com/ima...ew/express.jpg

jarrett2k 09-18-2011 02:31 PM

hell, even walmart carries cheap bike racks man. they'll work on your car, it may not be a perfect fit, but it will work. i've put mine on a 00' cavalier, a mazda 3, a ford windstar, dodge caravan, and a spec v. it fit on all of them.

DwiZZy 09-18-2011 03:01 PM

You're fucking dumb if you can't fit a bike in a car. Take the wheels, bars, cranks off of the bike and it will fit.

jarrett2k 09-18-2011 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by DwiZZy (Post 7356249)
You're fucking dumb if you can't fit a bike in a car. Take the wheels, bars, cranks off of the bike and it will fit.

LOL I personally watched you fit TWO in your TSX. I still can't believe that worked.

Reloaded 09-18-2011 03:11 PM

You're fucking dumb if you can't fit a bike on a Honda. .

Fixed

DwiZZy 09-18-2011 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by proxers (Post 7356198)
I had a trunk rack from a friend, it didn't fit correctly. Tried taking both wheels off, still wouldn't go into backseat. I even tried kicking the damn thing in there... no luck.

And it's illegal to just strap it to the roof. Got pulled over before with a bike ratchet strapped to a Baretta.

It would be different if I was just driving down the street, but I'm driving an hour and 45 minutes on the interstate. This needs to be right.

Post a video of you trying to put the bike in the car, I need another good lulz for the day.

proxers 09-18-2011 03:16 PM

God damn you're an ass. Next time you see a Prelude try sitting in the backseat. I'm going to disassmble the bike and throw the shit in the trunk but that means I gotta waste my time putting it all back together. Not really what I wanted to do.

I haven't any roof racks fitted for Preludes and this one has a sunroof. Oh well fuck it. Glad I don't have to deal with this shit regularly

proxers 09-18-2011 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by DwiZZy (Post 7356278)
Post a video of you trying to put the bike in the car, I need another good lulz for the day.

Will do :)

DwiZZy 09-18-2011 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by proxers (Post 7356282)
God damn you're an ass. Next time you see a Prelude try sitting in the backseat. I'm going to disassmble the bike and throw the shit in the trunk but that means I gotta waste my time putting it all back together. Not really what I wanted to do.

I haven't any roof racks fitted for Preludes and this one has a sunroof. Oh well fuck it. Glad I don't have to deal with this shit regularly

What the fuck did you post on here for if you didn't want help? Were you asking someone how to purchase a bike rack? Or were you asking how to fit a bike in your car?

I've seen what Preludes look like and I can honestly say with confidence that you're a fucking moron.

I took two bikes apart within five minutes, you're just doing it wrong if you're wasting that much time.

proxers 09-18-2011 03:27 PM

Nope. T'was looking for information on different kinds of ways to get said bike in/on vehicle.

I also am no bike expert. Therefore it will take longer because I don't know what I'm doing.

DwiZZy 09-18-2011 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by proxers:7356312
Nope. T'was looking for information on different kinds of ways to get said bike in/on vehicle.

I also am no bike expert. Therefore it will take longer because I don't know what I'm doing.

So what are you bitching about? I gave you a solution.

jarrett2k 09-18-2011 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by proxers (Post 7356312)

assuming it's a BMX bike:
-remove the front wheel, usually requires a deep 15, 17, or 19mm socket.
-remove the top bolt from the stem, the one which compresses your headset.
-loosen the allen head bolts holding the stem onto the fork.

the bike should now fit somewhere in your car. If not:

-Remove the rear wheel, same as the front one.
-Remove the cranks, typically just an allen head bolt holding each on, and one "clamping" them to the crank spindle.

if it doesn't fit now, something's fucking wrong.

Trinidad James 09-18-2011 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by proxers (Post 7356098)

Seriously? i have a prelude and i fit a full h22 and a trans in the trunk and 5 wheels inside of the car.You can fit a bike in there. You're just not trying. Like many people have said above go to walmart and buy a trunk rack and stop being a lazy ass.

Fabrik8 09-18-2011 08:01 PM

Take it to a bike shop and tell them to break it down for you. They when you get to Portsmouth, get another bike shop to put it back together. Then you don't have to figure out how to actually do anything requiring intelligence. You should probably get someone else to drive the Prelude, because that might be mentally challenging too.

Wait, don't Preludes have a rear seat that folds down? What the fuck is the problem then?

proxers 09-18-2011 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Fabrik8 (Post 7356932)
Wait, don't Preludes have a rear seat that folds down? What the fuck is the problem then?

Ehh, I have no clue, it's not my car. I took the bike apart and it's now in a bunch of random pieces in the trunk. Will figure out how to put together tomarow when I get there.

Makes me wish I had my damn truck back :/

TATTRAT 09-18-2011 08:50 PM

1 vote for "most amount of ridiculousness" thread of '11, mainly all in the OP.

proxers 09-18-2011 08:51 PM

+ repz

TATTRAT 09-18-2011 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by proxers (Post 7356992)
Ehh, I have no clue, it's not my car. I took the bike apart and it's now in a bunch of random pieces in the trunk. Will figure out how to put together tomarow when I get there.

Makes me wish I had my damn truck back :/

It is a fucking bicycle. If you took it apart, then you should be able to put it back together. . .and if you can't, then you have no business operating a motorized vehicle to schlep anything. Though, you can't even spell tomorrow. . .so a bicycle must be like a god damned Rubik cube to you.

berry_pos 09-18-2011 09:15 PM

My mom has a Prelude... rear seat folds down, plenty of room for a standard 20'' bike.

OP might be on drugs?

TATTRAT 09-18-2011 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by berry_pos (Post 7357063)
My mom has a Prelude... rear seat folds down, plenty of room for a standard 20'' bike.

OP might be on drugs?

Nice first post, OP. lol.

berry_pos 09-18-2011 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by TATTRAT (Post 7357066)
Nice first post, OP. lol.

wut

Fabrik8 09-19-2011 03:25 AM

Wow, that IP check was rather enlightening.