Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

A Honda AC Problem

Old 03-19-2008, 08:50 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ls/vtec hatch has a spectacular aura aboutls/vtec hatch has a spectacular aura about
Default A Honda AC Problem

Ok so i went to Accurate tune to get my belts replaced about 6 months ago. The ac belt, alternator belt and power steering belt. I know i probally should of done it myself but it was cold and i hate changing the belts. The car is a 98 Honda Civic Ex. Stock

So i didnt use my A/C due to winter. Now when i turn the A/C on the belt makes this high pitch Skreech.

So my question is, Is the belt to tight or to loose or what? The sound is like when somebodys alternator belt is going out or is to loose but louder.

My car also idles low so is there a chance that the AC is just pulling to much on the engine due to the low idle?

Any help will be appreciated.
Old 03-19-2008, 02:51 PM
Registered Member

toyota_aristo is a jewel in the roughtoyota_aristo is a jewel in the roughtoyota_aristo is a jewel in the roughtoyota_aristo is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: A Honda AC Problem

It sounds like your belt is slipping. It could be just because it's a new belt, but check to see if it's tight and there's no grease or oil on the pulley. Good luck.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:26 PM
Registered Member

ls/vtec hatch has a spectacular aura aboutls/vtec hatch has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: A Honda AC Problem

Ok i will check in the morning.....Anything to wipe the belt with if there is oil? windex haha i will keep it updated