Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Hmm...D16 Bolt-on HP?

Old 03-04-2007, 06:58 PM
Patron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cactus_Jack has disabled reputation
Default Hmm...D16 Bolt-on HP?

OK, im not big into making my honda (D16Y8) insanely fast, but I would like that extra bit of pep for those days when I just want to have a little fun. I have a short ram intake and thats about it, nothing big of course. Would it be ok to add some bolt ons to upgrade the fuel delivery? (Fuel rail, injectors, pump, regulator) Or would that be way too much fuel? I just need a little bit of guidance on some bolt-on horsepower, not looking to mess with internals. Thanks alot
Old 03-04-2007, 07:05 PM
Shooting 63's

idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda
Default Re: Hmm...D16 Bolt-on HP?

IF you are going to stay d-series...fuel is not a major concern. Doing all of what you stated would be overkill...really.

If you want to do bolt ons...of course header and exhaust along with your intake. Then if you want to go crazy, add some ZC pistons to the block to increase the compression, and then get good head work done along with a solid cam (Crower stg2 or 3 my choice). After all that, along with tuning, you should make a decent amount of power. You would be surprised.

But as most people on this site will say...swap.
Old 03-04-2007, 07:08 PM
JAY SPEC

00civichatch 00civichatch

boost it till it blows. thats the only way to have fun with a single cam
Old 03-04-2007, 07:13 PM
Patron

Cactus_Jack has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by idriveahonda
IF you are going to stay d-series...fuel is not a major concern. Doing all of what you stated would be overkill...really.

If you want to do bolt ons...of course header and exhaust along with your intake. Then if you want to go crazy, add some ZC pistons to the block to increase the compression, and then get good head work done along with a solid cam (Crower stg2 or 3 my choice). After all that, along with tuning, you should make a decent amount of power. You would be surprised.

But as most people on this site will say...swap.
Honestly, I had thought about a swap because I just had the motor replaced (flooded the old one and got water in the oil, long story). But Ive just recently gotten married and the most budget-worthy option was to just have another D series put into it. Like I said, Im just looking for some easy bolt-on horsepower, nothing huge. I just like to get heavy on the throttle sometimes, like any human would. I just want to do more with it!
Old 03-04-2007, 07:34 PM
Shooting 63's

idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda

Then boost. Only option for what you are looking for.

You aren't going to make any good horsepower with an N/A d-series without messing with internals. D's don't respond well to bolt on's like their B series counterparts. Sorry.

So honestly your best bet is to piece together a turbo kit.
Old 03-04-2007, 08:20 PM
Liebs

greenciv05 has disabled reputation

put a wet kit with a 50-75 pill on it and let er' eat
Old 03-05-2007, 04:57 AM
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA

Originally Posted by greenciv05
put a wet kit with a 50-75 pill on it and let er' eat
thats exactly what i was going to say! nitrous will get you the biggest bang for the buck! i had a 75 shot on my 98 civic ex and i loved it! i beat a turbo gsr with it you could easily run a 50-65 shot with very minor upgrades. hell i could install the kit for you youll need a better clutch anytime you go adding more than say...50-65 hp..or so. here was my list of mods i had on my 98 ex:
air intake, dc header with tenzo r exhaust, prelude h22 injectors, prelude throttle body, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, walbro 255lph fuel pump, mad ignition and blaster ss coil, clutchmaster stage 3 clutch (segmented kevlar disk) and clutchmasters aluminum flywheel, b&m edge shifter, zex nitrous system jetted on 75 shot, bottle heater, i also had alot of other suspension mods and 4 strut bars, rear disk brake conversion, ect....... need less to say the car was fun to drive
soooo i can mod your car with whatever you want done. speed takes money$$$$.......how fast do you want to go???

Last edited by CHAHONDA; 03-05-2007 at 09:13 AM.
Old 03-05-2007, 05:02 AM
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA

Originally Posted by Cactus_Jack
OK, im not big into making my honda (D16Y8) insanely fast, but I would like that extra bit of pep for those days when I just want to have a little fun. I have a short ram intake and thats about it, nothing big of course. Would it be ok to add some bolt ons to upgrade the fuel delivery? (Fuel rail, injectors, pump, regulator) Or would that be way too much fuel? I just need a little bit of guidance on some bolt-on horsepower, not looking to mess with internals. Thanks alot
im glad you like the motor..... let me know before you get tires..i may be able to help with that
Old 03-05-2007, 06:43 AM
Registered Member

sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue

like others stated you wont make any kind of noticable power on an all motor d series without serious internal modification. Trust me...i've tried in the past. Just piece together a cheap turbo kit and you will be set.
Old 03-05-2007, 09:14 AM
corona connessuer

nitrous!!!

Quick Reply: Hmm...D16 Bolt-on HP?