VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Tech Talk (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/tech-talk-9/)
-   -   Hf trans (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/tech-talk-9/hf-trans-138787/)

C-rex 05-09-2006 08:04 AM

Hf trans

I have a hf trans. And I like the gear ratio it has. I wanted to know how much power can this trans. hold, and what would be better. Rebuild it or get an stronger trans?

DOHC crx VTEC 05-09-2006 09:31 AM

Re: Hf trans

If you are staying D-series, Get a CRX Si Transmission, they have a nice gear ratio, Every D-series I have had, I have putten a Si CRX tranny on. It all depend's on how you drive the car, hell D-series transmission are cheap and pretty durable.

C-rex 05-09-2006 10:56 AM

Yeah DOHC, I like the si tranny, But I have always been in love with the hf Tranny since I have seen what it can doo with a lil power behind it. I know the hf will lose some accel to an si, but in the long run I think the hf has the si. I just don't know how much power it can hold.do ya think it can hold between 170 and 190? If it can i will most likely upgarde later to an si. The motor is an zc dohc.

DOHC crx VTEC 05-09-2006 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by C-rex
Yeah DOHC, I like the si tranny, But I have always been in love with the hf Tranny since I have seen what it can doo with a lil power behind it. I know the hf will lose some accel to an si, but in the long run I think the hf has the si. I just don't know how much power it can hold.do ya think it can hold between 170 and 190? If it can i will most likely upgarde later to an si. The motor is an zc dohc.

Hell yeah it can, My friend had a 240whp Dseries with a Si crx tranny that lasted for two years under hard driving..

Efishnt_coolng 05-09-2006 12:18 PM

well first off can a d series fit a ZC? and i can testify that a si trans is IMO the way to go. single cam all the way the bank.

DOHC crx VTEC 05-09-2006 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Efishnt_coolng
well first off can a d series fit a ZC? and i can testify that a si trans is IMO the way to go. single cam all the way the bank.

ZC is a D-series motor so, Yes it will fit.

C-rex 05-09-2006 12:46 PM

DOHC, do you know what mph to rpm your friend was hitting in each gear? I know with the hf and ecu and motor upgrades I am doing about 95 in 2nd @ 9000rpm's

DOHC crx VTEC 05-09-2006 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by C-rex
DOHC, do you know what mph to rpm your friend was hitting in each gear? I know with the hf and ecu and motor upgrades I am doing about 95 in 2nd @ 9000rpm's

Holy crap, long ass Gears. When I had my CRX with a D16y8 and CRX si tranny I was hitting a lil near 20mph in first around 7k and 43mph in second around 7k and so on....Once my boy gets his car running again, with his swap I'll take down the mph and RPM, btw I'm mike so you dont gotta call me DOHC haha.