Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Help What to do

Old 05-27-2006, 08:05 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03AV6coupe has disabled reputation
Default Help What to do

well a few days ago i had my wheels mounted and balanced at NTB. All 3 wheels were fine. except this one wheel that wouldnt balance perfectly. It would wobble from side to side. Just today i had my coilovers installed and also had the 18in wheels put on. The guy that worked at NTB said that wheel would be fine to drive on for awhlie but suggest that i get a new wheel. I had a friend follow me on 66 and he said the wheel looked fine during hwy speeds. But when i drive local speeds he can see it wobbling. Im pretty concerned about this. What could it be? The wheel has no bents whatsever so i dont know what the deal is. Let me know what you guys think and what I should do.
Old 05-27-2006, 09:28 PM
miss my 2 wheels

brokemyR1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help What to do

hard to say without seeing in person...only times ive seen this is when ppl put fix-a-flat in the tire and then came in for a balance/rotate...im pretty sure your wheels are brand new so...i would maybe go somewhere else and see if they have the same problem with your wheel wobbling and if so see what you can do about exchanging it/sending it back for a new one
Old 05-27-2006, 09:59 PM
Banned

zimzorga is an unknown quantity at this point

the wheel might not have any bends around the bead, but the spokes may all be bent. i suggest bringing it to a shop where they can balence tires and put it on the machine. ask them to view the wheel and see the problem yourself.
Old 05-29-2006, 05:23 AM
Registered Member

03AV6coupe has disabled reputation

well i put on that one wheel. Probably hoping to be able to get a new wheel soon. How long do you guys think i should wait until i get a new one.
Old 05-29-2006, 02:48 PM
Registered Member

aacjohnc has disabled reputation

put the bent rim/tire on the back of the car and not on the front and you probably wont notice it then .
Old 05-29-2006, 03:51 PM
Bitches get Stitches

sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike

Originally Posted by 03AV6coupe
well i put on that one wheel. Probably hoping to be able to get a new wheel soon. How long do you guys think i should wait until i get a new one.
I'd get a new wheel as soon as possible. Send that rim back as a manufacturer defect.