Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Help Wanted- Rear End Fluid Swap-03 Cobra

Old 01-19-2012, 01:57 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SVT P-Tree is a name known to allSVT P-Tree is a name known to allSVT P-Tree is a name known to allSVT P-Tree is a name known to allSVT P-Tree is a name known to allSVT P-Tree is a name known to all
Default Help Wanted- Rear End Fluid Swap-03 Cobra

I have an extremely annoying case of gear whine from my rear end, that is driving me absolutely crazy. I live in an apt, and have absolutely no tools. I figured an easy fix would be swapping the rear end fluid with some friction modifier and Royal Purple gear oil. Will I have to remove the cover to drain, or can I suck it out with a pump? This is for a 03 Cobra with IRS. If you would be willing to help, I would be willing to pay. I live in Virginia Beach. We can either go to the hobby shop on Oceana, or meet you at your house. Thanks for the help.

Sean
850-217-1793
spalmertree1@gmail.com (easiest way to reach me)
Old 01-19-2012, 03:50 AM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous
Default Re: Help Wanted- Rear End Fluid Swap-03 Cobra

You'll need to suck it out with a pump because unless you remove the IRS you can't get to the top bolts on the diff cover.

I just had it done at the local dealer since I've already removed the IRS once in a driveway and I'm not doing it again.
Old 01-19-2012, 04:12 AM
Registered Member

SVT P-Tree is a name known to allSVT P-Tree is a name known to allSVT P-Tree is a name known to allSVT P-Tree is a name known to allSVT P-Tree is a name known to allSVT P-Tree is a name known to all

Well that's good to know, thank you. Never realized how little room there was to work on anything with Cobra. I have a MotoBlu IRS Brace, will I have to remove that to get to the drain plug? Or is it on the left side?
Old 01-19-2012, 05:19 AM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Originally Posted by SVT P-Tree
Well that's good to know, thank you. Never realized how little room there was to work on anything with Cobra. I have a MotoBlu IRS Brace, will I have to remove that to get to the drain plug? Or is it on the left side?
I have the billet flow brace and they didn't have to remove to get to the plug
Old 01-19-2012, 10:06 AM
Registered Member

Where is the fill plug on the cover? I have been looking at pics, and can't find it.
Old 01-19-2012, 10:16 AM
MARK IT ZERO

ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout

Rear end fluid swap, eh?
Old 01-19-2012, 12:37 PM
Registered Member

Rear differential fluid replacement. Pumpkin innards upkeep. 8.8 gear oil replacement. Whatever you want to call it. Just don't feel like dropping the IRS to do it.