Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Help w/ an SR20DET install!!

Old 01-30-2004, 07:00 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LoSt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help w/ an SR20DET install!!

i'm ordering my motor prob next week w/ this group buy. the other 2 guys are takin their cars to shops. I'd rather do it myself, (plus i don't have the money to just pay someone else).
so if any of you guys that have done this before are free in a couple weeks, any help would be great. it'd be easier w/ someone who's done this before than me reading diagrams off the internet. i'm intalling a red top into a 92 hatch.
i'll prob be doing the swap in my shop in VA Beach, or in my garage if i quit before the motor gets here.
i can afford to pay for food and beer for whoever's helpin.
Old 01-30-2004, 08:19 PM
nannerpus, nannerpus

Carter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Help w/ an SR20DET install!!

dude, I want to help. I haven't done the swap before but I want to learn... on your car not mine Just let me know if you need another hand to turn a wrench.
Old 01-30-2004, 10:58 PM
Registered Member

i'm sure any extra hands would be helpful. just don't be tryin to splice my ignition into teh wipers or something. haha
Old 02-01-2004, 09:24 AM

Hondamion is an unknown quantity at this point

If you could keep the info from your swap, like common probs you have and just basic information about the steps, others could learn from your swap.
Old 02-02-2004, 04:45 AM
Lost Cat Magnet

drifterJERRY is an unknown quantity at this point

lemme know when you plan on starting this and i may be able to help out on a weekend...this swap is a cinch. Its only as difficult as you make it, take your time and do it right and you will have no problems....but start researching stuff like commonly asked questions over on www.freshalloy.com thataway you can get some of the easy stuff out of the way. Or just ask here, there are plenty of people that will help with questions. Lemme know anyways.
Old 02-02-2004, 11:25 AM

sassigrits is an unknown quantity at this point

I have done the swap before, if you need any help I might be able to come out on a saturday and do what I can to help you.
Old 02-02-2004, 11:28 AM
nannerpus, nannerpus

Carter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by NISMO_drift
i'm sure any extra hands would be helpful. just don't be tryin to splice my ignition into teh wipers or something. haha
no, just horn to brake lights=]
Old 02-03-2004, 06:19 PM
Registered Member

i'm ordering the motor either thur or fri of this week. i've been ordering other parts this week; ie: new turbo, manifold, clutch, fmic, guages, fuel pump, etc. so if everything show up when it should i'll be ready the weekend of the 14-15, or the 21-22 if everything doesn't show up on time. if you think you'll be free that weekend, let me know. post, pm, aim, whatever..
Old 02-03-2004, 07:24 PM

stumpz is an unknown quantity at this point

i swapped my sr in back in september, and am now about to swap the same motor into my other 240 by the time you swap yours. I could be of some help but yer a few hours away from me :/.
Old 02-04-2004, 05:56 AM
squeegee my fiji

†Specter† †Specter† †Specter†

nismo....i drove threw your street the other on my way home, and i noticed ur front bumper is primed and unpainted...what happened? i recall that it was painted a while back.

Quick Reply: Help w/ an SR20DET install!!