Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

HELP! stuck dead at HPDE

Old 09-10-2011, 10:22 AM
Show-lo car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2
Default HELP! stuck dead at HPDE

so my 1985 GTS has had a few issues with starting in the past.. sometimes it would start just fine. sometimes would have to bump start. battery is fresh and sometimes when it wont start, ill return to it later not having touched or chnged anything and it will start.
maybe starter relay or something else i have seen on the boards..
oh, starter is pretty fresh as well
so thats the background.. now at the end of my session, im cruising along in fourth, peddling in throttle for a smooth corner.. and there was kind of a dull thud/click and the car was just dead. rolling down the hill, i tried bump starting.. no luck. parked it on the side and awaited the tow

back in pits with about an hour to troubleshoot.. what should i been looking at/for? i have NO IDEA where to start. all temp gauges sounds etc. were normal up to that point...

looking at fuses in engine bay.. could it be engine main? how do you tell if that thing is bad? i opened it and its just a spool of copper wire.
EFI main?
Old 09-10-2011, 10:37 AM
management

boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom
Default Re: HELP! stuck dead at HPDE

So you took a car with known starting and ignition problems to run at a track, with no back up plan? And then you don't know what to look for? You sound like a true dumbass.

Id call a tow truck and make a for sale thread.
Old 09-10-2011, 10:39 AM
management

boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom

Originally Posted by nismo300zr2
so my 1985 GTS has had a few issues with starting in the past.. sometimes it would start just fine. sometimes would have to bump start. battery is fresh and sometimes when it wont start, ill return to it later not having touched or chnged anything and it will start.
maybe starter relay or something else i have seen on the boards..
oh, starter is pretty fresh as well
so thats the background.. now at the end of my session, im cruising along in fourth, peddling in throttle for a smooth corner.. and there was kind of a dull thud/click and the car was just dead. rolling down the hill, i tried bump starting.. no luck. parked it on the side and awaited the tow

back in pits with about an hour to troubleshoot.. what should i been looking at/for? i have NO IDEA where to start. all temp gauges sounds etc. were normal up to that point...

looking at fuses in engine bay.. could it be engine main? how do you tell if that thing is bad? i opened it and its just a ,spool of copper wire.
EFI main?
For later
Old 09-10-2011, 10:52 AM
NAZI mod

BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER

Originally Posted by boredom
So you took a car with known starting and ignition problems to run at a track, with no back up plan? And then you don't know what to look for? You sound like a true dumbass.

Id call a tow truck and make a for sale thread.
Old 09-10-2011, 02:08 PM
Havoc

Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong

Boredom is right. And try swapping ecu's
Old 09-10-2011, 02:17 PM
nortaP

Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded

When you mean it doesn't start....

Does the starter motor not turn over or do you not hear the fuel pump click on?
Old 09-10-2011, 02:33 PM
i pooped a squirrel

Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes

Being that it just died suddenly, id start looking over fuel components. And why would you possibly think it could be wise to take a car to the track that isn't mechanically sound
Old 09-10-2011, 02:34 PM
nortaP

Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded

Originally Posted by Crnchy wen Blac
Being that it just died suddenly, id start looking over fuel components. And why would you possibly think it could be wise to take a car to the track that isn't mechanically sound
Cuz it's fuckin driven and he'll trade it for your EK hatch with no title plus cash on your end or a pitbull.
Old 09-10-2011, 02:37 PM
i pooped a squirrel

Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes

Originally Posted by Reloaded
Cuz it's fuckin driven and he'll trade it for your EK hatch with no title plus cash on your end or a pitbull.
Nah bro, my hatchy has a super fresh gsr in it. Only 180k on the motor fresh build and its fast as fuck. Pulls on vettes and vipers all day erry day.
Old 09-10-2011, 06:48 PM
Show-lo car

nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2

Originally Posted by Crnchy wen Blac
because when i'd bump start it, the car would be just fine. thanks clowns.

found problem.
uploading pics to better illustrate..

Quick Reply: HELP! stuck dead at HPDE