Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Help out projectcx.com!!!

Old 10-17-2005, 07:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JKREW has disabled reputation
Default Help out projectcx.com!!!

http://www.projectcx.com

Hey all, I put this site together to document my buildup on the cheap. We are looking for some new parts/projects/help so if you want to lend a hand and provide some skill and wrenchtime, feel free if you are in the area. I'm planning on making a huge FAQ regarding EK/EG's as well so stay tuned because I will need a lot of questions answered.

For now, we are looking for the following parts so we can do more tech articles. If you have the parts, let me know so I can purchase them from ya. If you can help, you will be credited on the site.

• EG left fender
• EG hood
• EG CX exhaust system or from any model that will fit (hoping for a full system i.e. engine back but will settle for cat back if you have it

Check out the site and tell me what ya think. Cheers =)
Old 10-17-2005, 10:20 AM
Registered Member

steronz steronz steronz steronz steronz
Default Re: Help out projectcx.com!!!

what's your budget and goals? is this just gonna be a daily driver?

the site looks very good, btw. fits the mood well.
Old 10-17-2005, 10:25 AM

Yeah, the goal is to pretty much do everything as cheaply as possible just to show n00bs and budget-minded tuners what can be done on the cheap.

I want a daily driver that can tear it up on the 1/4 (respectible times, not looking for crazy numbers) but still be driven to work everyday and not get hounded by the fuzz.

Thanks for the compliments!
Old 10-17-2005, 10:37 AM
Registered member

T-Hybrid#2 has disabled reputation

Ls swap is easy an makes it a decent track car...
Old 10-17-2005, 10:48 AM

You guys think a b16 is the wrong way to go?

Anyone have any places/guys with a garage that can do the swap/assist with it?
Old 10-17-2005, 12:58 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by JKREW
You guys think a b16 is the wrong way to go?

Anyone have any places/guys with a garage that can do the swap/assist with it?
i think the most redeeming factor of an EG is that it can hold an H22 much better than an EF. so yeah, $1300 for a b16, or $1300 for an h22? 15s or 13s? do it.

and i'll be more than happy to help out with the swap, but i have no place to do it unless you can get a bolling afb sticker on it.
Old 10-17-2005, 01:04 PM

haha actually I can get a visitors pass. My girl's dad is navy so this may be doable.

The prices you quoted, are those generally with everything i.e. axles, ecu etc etc or just the engine?

I have no idea what I am doing with this swap as I am a VW guy and this is my first jump in the deepend with hondas.
Old 10-17-2005, 01:36 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by JKREW
haha actually I can get a visitors pass. My girl's dad is navy so this may be doable.

The prices you quoted, are those generally with everything i.e. axles, ecu etc etc or just the engine?

I have no idea what I am doing with this swap as I am a VW guy and this is my first jump in the deepend with hondas.
i'll have to check on the rules here, but generally a visitor's pass won't cut it. if it's easy to transfer a title here, it may be worthwhile to transfer it to someone else who can register it on base and get a base decal, then use the garage with the lifts and the tools and everything. but then it's probably easier to just find someone with a driveway and rent an engine hoist.

the prices i quoted will probably include engine, tranny, and ecu, but no mounts, axles, or shift linkage solution. b16 prices are quite firm, since they all go through several people (importer, reseller, etc) before they get to you. but H22s tend to vary... if you want one right now, it's probably closer to $2000, but if you wait for someone to be parting out a prelude, i don't think $1300 is too far off the mark. the H will require some cutting in your center stack to fit a cable-driven shifter box in, but otherwise the procedure is basically the same for either motor.

that's just some preliminary information. if you really want to talk numbers and go over your options, AIM me at this same name and we can talk more.
Old 10-17-2005, 01:45 PM

Awesome, I really appreciate the help and knowledge. I'll shoot ya an aim when I get back to work tomorrow.

People are telling me to throw in an LS(?) engine in there and be done with it but I am still trying to do the research. When it comes to b16 vs. h22a swaps, I think I am going to go b16 as they are somewhat lighter I've been told.

Again, thanks for the help and if anyone has anything to add, please feel free or aim me at jkrewdotcom. Thanks guys/gals!