Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

HELP!!!! NISSAN HEADS!!!! AASSAP!!!

Old 12-23-2007, 03:19 PM
Blang Blang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com
Default HELP!!!! NISSAN HEADS!!!! AASSAP!!!

ok so recently ive noticed that when i first start my car it is extremely hard to put into gear but once it warms up it is better, but can still be difficult from time to time, very intermittent. well today it was terribly all most the entire day while driving it. it is also still rolling while the clutch is pushed in while in gear. i had assumed it was the slave cylinder and when i disconnected it and looked it was severely clogged with sediment and was making a lot of noise when the arm was pushed in and out. so i replaced the part and thoroughly flushed and bled all of the lines but it is still doing it. we are thinking now that it is the clutch fork not completely grabbing the throwout bearing but im not certain. this ever happened to anyone else that could possibly shed a little light on this before i have to pull the tranny?
Old 12-23-2007, 04:31 PM
Registered Member

M1KeyC is a jewel in the roughM1KeyC is a jewel in the roughM1KeyC is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: HELP!!!! NISSAN HEADS!!!! AASSAP!!!

this happened to my buddys CA and we replaced the throw out bearing and bled the clutch, after that problem fixed.
Old 12-23-2007, 04:32 PM
Bearded.

DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO

any specs on the tranny?

what car, motor, FWD, RWD?
Old 12-23-2007, 04:35 PM
Registered Member

M1KeyC is a jewel in the roughM1KeyC is a jewel in the roughM1KeyC is a jewel in the rough

SR20DET, blacktop I belive, should be an SR tranny, RWD. 240SX. and nick if you need someone to order you a new bearing I can get one over here, just lemmy know.
Old 12-23-2007, 06:32 PM
Registered Member

bluesr240 is an unknown quantity at this point

You need a new clutch
Old 12-23-2007, 06:35 PM
Registered Member

famlyride famlyride famlyride famlyride famlyride famlyride famlyride famlyride famlyride famlyride famlyride

damn nick all that money you spent for schooling. What happened???
Old 12-23-2007, 08:32 PM
Blang Blang

sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com

Originally Posted by bluesr240
You need a new clutch
highly doubt it. clutch grabs fine, no slipping whatsoever, im thinking the shift fork is bent/is improperly installed and not grabbing correctly or the throwout bearing as mikey said but i am getting no noise which is common if the throwout bearing is going/gone

plus the problem is very intermittent. like tonight for example aside from when i first started it it and had to get into reverse and then first, it shifted extremely smooth and i had no problems the rest of the night. but every once and awhile throughout the evening it was hard to get into gear.

Originally Posted by dorko
any specs on the tranny?
what car, motor, FWD, RWD?
sorry i guess i shouldve mentioned that haha. 95 240sx with a redtop s13 sr20det, im not sure what kind of clutch is in it, the guy that sold it to me didnt know

Originally Posted by famlyride
damn nick all that money you spent for schooling. What happened???
and you are? im pretty sure i know what it is but if i pull the tranny, which is a pain in the dick anyway (tranny tunnel space), i want to just go ahead and replace the clutch as well, which i do not have the money for at the moment so i was simply asking if this exact thing has happened to anyone else and maybe that it could be a simple fix i may have missed.
Old 12-23-2007, 08:45 PM
Registered Member

famlyride famlyride famlyride famlyride famlyride famlyride famlyride famlyride famlyride famlyride famlyride

CJ
Old 12-23-2007, 08:50 PM
Blang Blang

aahh ok, hows the fam buddy? check my myspace bulletin, a bunch of us are meeting up tommorow night, you should come out and chill for a bit.
Old 12-23-2007, 09:00 PM
Registered Member

where at bro? the fam is doing great