Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Help My MAF wont read over 2500RPms.....

Old 12-03-2003, 09:15 PM
Formerly Shinobi....

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RatedV is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help My MAF wont read over 2500RPms.....

What the hell is wrong with it? I was told my CAI might have made my MAF quit workin but that doesnt make sense cause if my MAF quit workin I wouldnt be in safe mode I wouldnt be runnin at all........Right?

I dunno ima take the CAI off and put it back to stock so I can get warranty on it........The friggin MAF is 800$'s , dont believe me? Call Nissan and find out.......

Oh its a 2002 SpecV

I wasnt even gettin on it when this happened......

Dunno why it happened.....

Fug it i'll figure it out soon enough.....

Please if you have any (Realative) advice please share.....

-Jeff
Old 12-04-2003, 04:42 AM
¿Señor Member?

The Barst is an unknown quantity at this point

warranty that pos, and yes it is possible your car will run even if it is screwed. My car runs fine up to about 10psi with the maf not plugged in. Don't ask. I put a cai on a wrx and accidently reversed the maf while mounting it, and the car wouldn't run. I guess it could go either way depending on the car. Is it a hotwire type maf?
Old 12-04-2003, 05:52 AM
Formerly Shinobi....

NM guys Im just gonna get it warranteed, I was gonna fix it my self becaue i was gonna be lazy so i didnt have to take the CAI off and put the fishbowl back on.....
Old 12-04-2003, 09:10 AM
Formerly Shinobi....

Thanx Mike dont sell my MAF before I get there.....
Old 12-04-2003, 11:39 AM
Daddy status

chirp the 1-2 is an unknown quantity at this point

werd
Old 12-04-2003, 12:13 PM
~

nickyroo has disabled reputation

im not really familiar with nissans. the only nissan MAF ive ever seen was tiki's and the one i had on my s13 that i pulled the motor out of, but a quick MAF fix is to take some Brakleen and spray it on the sensor wires in the middle. then take some electrical contact cleaner (~$10 from radio shack) and spray it on both the MAF side and wiring harness side of the connection. how do you know it stops reading after 2500rpms? id think a service engine light would pop on if the MAF was not working. does it only cut on after 2500RPMs? fill us in on how you came to that conclusion. good luck

and you seriously need some help or a hookup at a dealership if youre paying $800 for a MAF sensor
Old 12-04-2003, 12:32 PM
Formerly Shinobi....

Originally posted by reuter
im not really familiar with nissans. the only nissan MAF ive ever seen was tiki's and the one i had on my s13 that i pulled the motor out of, but a quick MAF fix is to take some Brakleen and spray it on the sensor wires in the middle. then take some electrical contact cleaner (~$10 from radio shack) and spray it on both the MAF side and wiring harness side of the connection. how do you know it stops reading after 2500rpms? id think a service engine light would pop on if the MAF was not working. does it only cut on after 2500RPMs? fill us in on how you came to that conclusion. good luck

and you seriously need some help or a hookup at a dealership if youre paying $800 for a MAF sensor
I do have a few hook-ups ...........800$'s is what the part cost under non-warranty circumstances.....Dunno if what you said will work but im just gonna have it replaced by the dealer tommorow.....Thanks for the info though.......as for the SES light yes i am throwing codes, 2 to be exact, both having to do with the malfunctioning of the MAF one is the internal and the other is an external code.......From what I hear a CAI on the MAF shakes the MAF which in turn breaks the MAF and its notorious on the SpecV.......I got a fix for that just not ready to tell everyone what it is yet.....hehe..........Anyway thanx for the imput man, And all this time I thought you were just an asshole............

LMAO
J/P

-Jeff
Old 12-04-2003, 04:42 PM
got poi?

tropic is an unknown quantity at this point

a buddy of mine put a short ram injen on his 2000 altima.....same shiz happened.....is it only nissans and wrx's have maf sensors?...what are they for...(sorry im not a nismo freak)
Old 12-04-2003, 05:00 PM
~

nickyroo has disabled reputation

no most engines use mass air flow sensors. i just dont think honda uses them. i know my chevy does, so did my nissan. so do most fords. they measure the amount of air being pushed through them and make small adjustments accordingly to the amount of fuel being dumped into the motor. theyre kind of a pain in the ass because they can cause some weird conditions when you modify the car. theyre kind of restrictive, but if you port them your a/f goes all to hell (sometimes) and its harder to tune.
Old 12-05-2003, 07:31 PM
Formerly Shinobi....

Yeah they are restrictive.....

Quick Reply: Help My MAF wont read over 2500RPms.....