Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

help me out

Old 11-09-2010, 03:20 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeargin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default help me out

im swapping a y7 with a jdm d15bvtec just want a motor thats a lil bit quicker, will it make a big difference to swap the transmission to or not really? can i use my harness now for the v tec?

Last edited by yeargin; 11-09-2010 at 08:08 PM.
Old 11-10-2010, 05:04 AM
SPARKLEmotion

FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah
Default Re: help me out

Originally Posted by yeargin
im swapping a y7 with a jdm d15bvtec just want a motor thats a lil bit quicker, will it make a big difference to swap the transmission to or not really? can i use my harness now for the v tec?
Why not a y8 or mini-me? Way easier and probably cheaper. You're going to drop about 9 flbs and only gain about 15 hp up top with the d15b AND have to pull the motor.

Originally Posted by NasTHatch
English? and if you want some "quicker" ditch the stock d and replace it with a b
Hey wait man! Some of us lovvvveeee the D!

..... probably not something I should say out loud in public though.
Old 11-10-2010, 05:25 PM
Registered member

sleeperteg sleeperteg sleeperteg sleeperteg sleeperteg sleeperteg sleeperteg sleeperteg sleeperteg sleeperteg sleeperteg

Originally Posted by yeargin
If you're going to swap the motor out because you want to be quicker then you might as well do what NasTHatch said and get the b series..
Old 11-10-2010, 06:39 PM
Banned

yeargin is an unknown quantity at this point

yea i thought about the ls and still would consider it but i ant tryna spend more then 1500 and id have to switch over everything huh, how much you think i could roughly get the whole swap i got some 1 to put it in for good price,just ant wanna spend 2 grand to do it
Old 11-12-2010, 06:37 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Okay, let's try this again. No more shit talking, this isn't the place for it. Keep the replies clean from this point on or the thread is getting deleted, and this goes for the thread starter as well.

Last edited by Fabrik8; 11-12-2010 at 06:52 PM.