Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

help make up my mind / coilovers or lowering springs

Old 04-17-2004, 01:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jrbird83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default help make up my mind / coilovers or lowering springs

i bought the eibach pro kit= 1.5'' lowering springs
cost me about $200

now i have found a full coilover package from mad racing concepts for $250

think i should sell the pro kit and buy the coilover kit??
Old 04-17-2004, 01:35 PM
hostgator.com

flow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these parts
Default Re: help make up my mind / coilovers or lowering springs

unless it's about $1k, its not a real coilover system, it's a sleeved spring setup (or whatever its called) which = piece of shit
Old 04-17-2004, 01:48 PM
Back for more

GodsOther is an unknown quantity at this point

well I don't think that is completely true, there are quite a few GOOD coilover setups out there but not all of them are good. Generally speaking the GC's are the preferred Coilover/Shock setup if you use the Koni yellows OR Tokico Illumina's however the one thing you lose with a semi-coilover (sleeved spring) is the amount of travel your suspension has, unless you plan on adjusting your ride height on a regular basis I wouldn't waste the extra $$$ just get some good stiff springs and adjustable shocks. I run the neuspeed race springs and some Tokico Illumina adjustables and the ride quality is fine for daily driving on the softer settings (although I keep mine on the stiffest) and if you want to stiffen it up all it takes is a flat head screwdriver.
Old 04-17-2004, 02:46 PM
Registered Member

crx2sol is an unknown quantity at this point

Tein...
Old 04-17-2004, 03:47 PM
Back for more

GodsOther is an unknown quantity at this point

Tein aren't THAT great, they are an average "real coilover" setup and don't handle THAT much better then a good spring/adj shock setup. Tein is like something you buy to say you have not because it is that much better.
Old 04-17-2004, 03:51 PM
Die reinste Bösen.

gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear

coil overs suck because almost 99% of the people who get them find a height they like and never change it. your better off with the springs that way you dont have to get the car balanced to make sure all the settings are correct.
Old 04-17-2004, 04:01 PM

99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by flo w fx
unless it's about $1k, its not a real coilover system, it's a sleeved spring setup (or whatever its called) which = piece of shit
or not, for a budget you can't get any better than Ground Controls and Tokico illuminas they work just as good as any of those overpriced JDM companys.
Old 04-17-2004, 04:14 PM
i like prom.

urvtecs2slo has disabled reputation

what the fuck. im tired of hearing people say "awh man, you need to spend 11,000 dollars on your suspension in order for it to be 'real'." seriously, like dude said, spend a couple hundred, get decent equipment, and work with it.
Old 04-17-2004, 05:16 PM
Banned

Boosted2003 is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.carreracustom.com/products.html

That is what you need. They range form 100-250 a shock + collers, retaining clips, springs are about 50 each.
Old 04-17-2004, 05:36 PM
Die reinste Bösen.

gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear

around 500-600 you can get a really nice setup. get the springs of your choice, average price around 150.00, then get either koni yellows or kyb agx's which will run you about 325ish, then finish 'er all up with a camber kit for the front (rear isnt necissary because you can fix neg camber with washers) which is about 100.00.