Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

help lowering my friends rsx

Old 09-28-2009, 02:29 PM
EbaySpecial

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TTEOmason108 TTEOmason108 TTEOmason108 TTEOmason108 TTEOmason108 TTEOmason108 TTEOmason108 TTEOmason108 TTEOmason108
Default help lowering my friends rsx

i looked around and couldnt really find any faq's or diy's. my friend has an rsx that he wants to start working on so im going to help him lower it. if i remember correctly its an 03. basically my question is, are then any huge differences in lowering an rsx from a civic? ive done 3 or 4 civics so i know that like the back of my hand by now. or are there any problems that i should look out for? any input is greatly appreciated. thanks guys
Old 09-28-2009, 02:46 PM

tatmonster has disabled reputation
Default Re: help lowering my friends rsx

Originally Posted by TTEOmason108
i looked around and couldnt really find any faq's or diy's. my friend has an rsx that he wants to start working on so im going to help him lower it. if i remember correctly its an 03. basically my question is, are then any huge differences in lowering an rsx from a civic? ive done 3 or 4 civics so i know that like the back of my hand by now. or are there any problems that i should look out for? any input is greatly appreciated. thanks guys
only thing thats different is how the steering attatches to the Strut. Very easy process to lower 1. If you have lowered another vehicle before, this should be cake. i did mine in about an hour and a half with normal hand tools, no air. I used Tein S-Techs. Ride geat and lowered it nicely. I favor them over others so far. GL
Old 09-28-2009, 03:57 PM
EbaySpecial

TTEOmason108 TTEOmason108 TTEOmason108 TTEOmason108 TTEOmason108 TTEOmason108 TTEOmason108 TTEOmason108 TTEOmason108

thanks ^ just didnt wanna get in there and start takin stuff apart if i really didnt know. especially since its not my car that could possibly mess up. but im confident :P
Old 09-28-2009, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by TTEOmason108
thanks ^ just didnt wanna get in there and start takin stuff apart if i really didnt know. especially since its not my car that could possibly mess up. but im confident :P
get to it. its a breeze.
Old 09-28-2009, 06:41 PM
EbaySpecial

will do my man
Old 09-28-2009, 06:51 PM
LIKE A BOSS

jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey

Tip though, since it's a single wishbone on the front try not to get the axles pop off the socket. It would be PITA to put back, youre gonna have to open up the boot to put it back if it pops out.
Old 09-28-2009, 07:40 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by jdm monkey
Tip though, since it's a single wishbone on the front try not to get the axles pop off the socket. It would be PITA to put back, youre gonna have to open up the boot to put it back if it pops out.
You'd really have to try hard to make that happen, especially without the weight of the wheel on the upright. You'd have to rotate the upright outward pretty far and put some force on it also. I've never seen that accidentally happen while doing a strut/spring install, nor have I heard about it. So don't worry about it. This is a very easy install, just like pretty much all MacPherson strut suspensions. That's what you mean by "single wishbone" I assume...
Old 09-29-2009, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
You'd really have to try hard to make that happen, especially without the weight of the wheel on the upright. You'd have to rotate the upright outward pretty far and put some force on it also. I've never seen that accidentally happen while doing a strut/spring install, nor have I heard about it. So don't worry about it. This is a very easy install, just like pretty much all MacPherson strut suspensions. That's what you mean by "single wishbone" I assume...
yea, i didnt have an issue at all with worrying about that axle popping out. It would need intentional effort.
Old 09-29-2009, 07:30 PM
wadafuxup

burton has a reputation beyond reputeburton has a reputation beyond reputeburton has a reputation beyond reputeburton has a reputation beyond reputeburton has a reputation beyond reputeburton has a reputation beyond reputeburton has a reputation beyond reputeburton has a reputation beyond reputeburton has a reputation beyond repute

whose car mason?
Old 09-29-2009, 08:04 PM
LIKE A BOSS

jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
The reason why i said this is because that it happened to me before back in 2003.
I didnt have anything to support the hubs and it pulled the 3pt universal joint out of the socket.
im talking about the axle, not the joints in the suspension itself.

Quick Reply: help lowering my friends rsx