Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Help with coilovers?

Old 09-01-2012, 08:38 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ilovehondas35 has disabled reputation
Default Help with coilovers?

Hey guys, I have a 97 Accord V6 and I want to put some coilovers on and I'm wondering if there is a difference in fitment between the 4 banger and the V6? Or if there is another Honda/Acura coilover that would fit my car without any modifications? I've looked around google and haven't found a solid anwser. I know some of you may think this is a dumb question, but I just want to make sure before I buy anything. Thank you
Old 09-01-2012, 08:40 PM
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT
Default Re: Help with coilovers?

Originally Posted by ilovehondas35
Hey guys, I have a 97 Accord V6 and I want to put some coilovers on and I'm wondering if there is a difference in fitment between the 4 banger and the V6? Or if there is another Honda/Acura coilover that would fit my car without any modifications? I've looked around google and haven't found a solid anwser. I know some of you may think this is a dumb question, but I just want to make sure before I buy anything. Thank you
just get some bomb ass ebay parts, and call it a day.
Old 09-02-2012, 10:02 AM
NBHNC

Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H

You can't be serious. There's not a chance in hell you searched for an answer about coilovers on a Honda and didn't get an answer.
Old 09-02-2012, 10:27 AM
Lurking....

6_speedeg 6_speedeg 6_speedeg 6_speedeg 6_speedeg 6_speedeg 6_speedeg 6_speedeg 6_speedeg 6_speedeg 6_speedeg

Originally Posted by Lay Zee H
You can't be serious. There's not a chance in hell you searched for an answer about coilovers on a Honda and didn't get an answer.
this..
Old 09-02-2012, 10:40 AM
IM Trollin n Hatin

TimmyD87 TimmyD87 TimmyD87 TimmyD87 TimmyD87 TimmyD87 TimmyD87 TimmyD87 TimmyD87 TimmyD87 TimmyD87

get raped in the face
Old 09-02-2012, 01:25 PM
ermahgerd

bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada

Look up coilover for V6, write down part number, look up coilover for 4 cylinder, check to see if part number is the same.
Old 09-02-2012, 02:46 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

What is your budget?
For less than $100 you can buy some Ebay universal coilover sleeves with 7" springs and put them on your stock shocks.You'll be bouncing down the road in no time,for minimal money.
If you actually want a functional suspension,call Ground Control and tell them what car you have and what you do with it.They'll set you up.

BTW-Did you seriously spell the name of your hometown wrong up top on the "location" info?!
Old 09-02-2012, 09:39 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by bumada
Look up coilover for V6, write down part number, look up coilover for 4 cylinder, check to see if part number is the same.
Thanks unfortunately they aren't.
Old 09-02-2012, 09:43 PM
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT

Originally Posted by ilovehondas35
Thanks unfortunately they aren't.
Please refer to the " you clearly haven't done your homework" style statements.
Old 09-02-2012, 09:48 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by TNGChris
What is your budget?
For less than $100 you can buy some Ebay universal coilover sleeves with 7" springs and put them on your stock shocks.You'll be bouncing down the road in no time,for minimal money.
If you actually want a functional suspension,call Ground Control and tell them what car you have and what you do with it.They'll set you up.

BTW-Did you seriously spell the name of your hometown wrong up top on the "location" info?!
Thank you for the info. I've had a couple people tell me to use eBay sleeves because you can make them fit any car but I know I would regret using them. I just want to get rid of the wheel gap, I don't race or drive like a bat out of hell around town, I just want something that looks good but won't mess up my car. I would use springs but I thought coilovers would be better so I could raise my car back up for inspection. Thanks though I think I will give ground control a call and see what they got!
And yea I spelled it wrong and just never went to change it lol

Quick Reply: Help with coilovers?