Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Help! Clutch stick to the floor

Old 11-06-2008, 09:58 AM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hype_Man is infamous around these partsHype_Man is infamous around these partsHype_Man is infamous around these partsHype_Man is infamous around these partsHype_Man is infamous around these partsHype_Man is infamous around these partsHype_Man is infamous around these partsHype_Man is infamous around these partsHype_Man is infamous around these partsHype_Man is infamous around these partsHype_Man is infamous around these parts
Unhappy Help! Clutch stick to the floor

Well lastnight when I pulled into my drive way, I parked then went to put it in 1st and my clutch petal stuck to the floor and I couldn't put it in gear? What should I do It has a Hydro Ls Tranny I believe *S80*. Which one shall I change first? The clutch master cylinder or the slave cylinder? Also which shall I buy it for? My eg has a swap so do I buy the part for the civic or the Integra motor in my car? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in Advance.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:07 AM
INNOVATIVE AUTO INC.

Gold Eg Gold Eg Gold Eg Gold Eg Gold Eg Gold Eg Gold Eg Gold Eg Gold Eg Gold Eg Gold Eg
Default Re: Help! Clutch stick to the floor

Originally Posted by Hype_Man
Well lastnight when I pulled into my drive way, I parked then went to put it in 1st and my clutch petal stuck to the floor and I couldn't put it in gear? What should I do It has a Hydro Ls Tranny I believe *S80*. Which one shall I change first? The clutch master cylinder or the slave cylinder? Also which shall I buy it for? My eg has a swap so do I buy the part for the civic or the Integra motor in my car? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in Advance.
alright, if your pedal rests now against the floor. first things first, does it have fluid, yes then have someone pull the pedal manually off the floor by hand and pump it down. if no pressure starts to build then check both clutch master cylinder and clutch slave cylinder for signs of leaks. if you find a leak then voualaa you have found the culprit. if not then continue to pump the pedal until pressure starts to build. if still no pressure crack the bleeder valve loose with a wrench and have some press the pedal. if no fluid passes through you have a faulty clutch master cylinder. but by no means should you throw parts at it. if you would like to replace a part for simple peace of mind that is cool aswell. well atleast you will have then had your hands on every component. hope this helps!!
Old 11-08-2008, 02:40 PM
B-Stags

SinisterGOAT has disabled reputation
Default Re: Help! Clutch stick to the floor

yea, most 92-00 hondas have a problem with master cylinders leaking, look below the boot and cylinder under the dash and see if there is fluid running down from it. If so, the seals in your master cyl are blown.