Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Help!!

Old 05-28-2007, 03:24 PM
Ultimate Ricer Drift

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
probot757 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help!!

So I am having a problem w/my car. Its a 90 EF hatch , w/a B20 , connected to I believe a B16 harness and a LS ecu. Theres been some problems w/it not getting a signal to the distributor. I have tested , and had it tested to check the coil and the chip, and both come back good, or so it seems. So I am thinking Im losing something going back to the harness, or at the ecu. Has anyone had this problem, or do you have a clue as to where to begin fixing this??
Old 05-28-2007, 03:29 PM
Registered Member

1rude2l has disabled reputation
Default Re: Help!!

does it even run little better explanation of what is going on would be helpful
Old 05-28-2007, 05:15 PM
Ultimate Ricer Drift

Re: Help!!

sorry about that.. little frustrated.. ok heres the run down ...

car was idling while i was waiting for someone, and just came to a stop. No noises , not ruff idle , no nothing.. just dead.. so I though i had run out of gas, as it was low, fixed that , and nothing..
So it was sent to a friends dads shop to take a look at it. we check all the normal signs, between wires, plugs, rotor and cap. nothing. checked for fuel, and it was fine, gas on the plugs, not flooded, but seemed normal. We ran a check on the igintion coil and module, and both seemed to check out w/the resistance tester.

So at this point I am thinking there is a wiring problem running from the distributor through the harness , or possibly at the ecu. which I have no idea where to start check due to the difference in mix. the harness being a B16 & the ecu being from an LS. Now at this point it sits in the parking lot, not running, waiting for me to figure it out. Any help would be great. Thanks!
Old 05-30-2007, 02:46 PM
Ultimate Ricer Drift

bump
Old 05-30-2007, 05:28 PM
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA

check all of the pins in the plugs at the distributor. i had a 90 civic that would shut off for no reason at times. turns out the pin/s would back out enough to cause it to cut off.
Old 06-01-2007, 11:30 AM
Ultimate Ricer Drift

So i've tried everything I can think of , and everything ppl suggested checking.. still nothing.. so i am saying screw it and sending it to a shop.. any suggestions of shops that wont rape my wallet ??