Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

HELP!!!

Old 10-28-2006, 10:47 AM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vietballer vietballer vietballer vietballer vietballer vietballer vietballer vietballer vietballer vietballer vietballer
Default HELP!!!

Ok i bought some lug nuts at auto zone and the guy told me that 1.25 will fit my car. so get home and put them on. they were alittle tight but i continued to put them on because i didnt think they would steer me wrong. well the other day i got a flat tire and i went to take off the lugs and they were all completly stripped. the studs and the lugs. so after a while i went back to autozone and told them and they apologized and gave me 16 replacement studs and new lug nuts for free. so i get home to put teh studs in and i get stuck in the process. i took off the wheel, then the brake caliber and the brake caliber bracket. then i took off the rotter. i went to bang out the old ones and there is something stopping them from comming out. please tell me if i did something wrong or if i need to do something else. thank you for your help
Old 10-28-2006, 10:48 AM
Registered member

vietballer vietballer vietballer vietballer vietballer vietballer vietballer vietballer vietballer vietballer vietballer
Default Re: HELP!!!

by the way it is a 93 integra
Old 10-28-2006, 10:50 AM
±RepLegion

92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20

Is there something stopping them or are you not hitting them hard enough? They take quite some effort to knock the bitches out, I had to replace two of mine yesterday after the fools at Firestone tightened my lug nuts so hard that I went to take them off and broke my lugs.
Old 10-28-2006, 10:52 AM
Registered member

no there is something stopping them from comming out i think its my splash gaurd but im not sure. sorry bout ur loss.....
Old 10-29-2006, 04:44 AM
Registered member

still need help.. do i need to take off the spindle nut and disconnect my axel?
Old 10-29-2006, 06:05 AM
Team Ultraspeed

Yell88CRXsi has disabled reputation

By the book, you can not remove the lugs without pressing out the hub.

Now, I have a trick that keeps me from doing that. You first would have to remove the splash guard. To do that, you will have to cut the small area of the splash guard out. Once the splash guard is out of the way, take a hammer and start to knock out the damaged lug. Find the place where the lug hits the spindle and grind a slot into the sprindle to match. NOTE: The area on the spindle where the brake caliber would sit, is the area that you need to make this slot. You will also need to cut a small piece of the head of the lug off to match the slot you made in the spindle.

I've done this mod to both of my front spindles over 10 years ago and have never had any problems.

No, you do not need to remove the axle nut.

To do this job you will need a die grinder...so good luck.