Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Heater?A/C dash lights

Old 11-14-2008, 12:26 PM
Brown Water

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Livin_Legend Livin_Legend Livin_Legend Livin_Legend Livin_Legend Livin_Legend Livin_Legend Livin_Legend Livin_Legend Livin_Legend Livin_Legend
Question Heater?A/C dash lights

Sup Everyone!! I just purchased this 97 ek coupe about a week ago and I have been filtering down the small petty things that are wrong with the car and come to the situation where the lights on the heat/A/C do not work.. I have heard a lot about lighting problems when replacing the stock head unit. I bought the car with an after market Alpine deck. Could there be any resemblance??
Old 11-17-2008, 10:31 AM
Brown Water

Livin_Legend Livin_Legend Livin_Legend Livin_Legend Livin_Legend Livin_Legend Livin_Legend Livin_Legend Livin_Legend Livin_Legend Livin_Legend
Default Re: Heater?A/C dash lights

bump
Old 11-17-2008, 11:09 AM
Full Access Member

jlgrtype jlgrtype jlgrtype jlgrtype jlgrtype jlgrtype jlgrtype

have you try to replace the light bulbs. or even check and see if they are bad
Old 11-17-2008, 11:28 AM
Brown Water

Not as of yet. I have heard a couple of people having lighting problems when replacing the factory unit so before i went in and started opening up things I just wanted to make super sure before I did so. Also the dome light only works when i manually switch the light on and not with the door switch (even when the dome light is switched in the middle) . I figured it might be corrosion within the switch but both doors look fine.
Old 11-18-2008, 06:14 AM
Bearded.

DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO

Originally Posted by Livin_Legend
Not as of yet. I have heard a couple of people having lighting problems when replacing the factory unit so before i went in and started opening up things I just wanted to make super sure before I did so. Also the dome light only works when i manually switch the light on and not with the door switch (even when the dome light is switched in the middle) . I figured it might be corrosion within the switch but both doors look fine.
Check fuses? I never had a problem with my lighting when I swapped radios
Old 11-18-2008, 06:43 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Check to see if the dimmer/illumination circuit on the radio is connected or not. There are different types of dimmer/illum circuits, and often there are more than one type of dimmer/illum inputs on aftermarket radios to be compatible with the common ones.. If the wrong one is connected, that can cause lighting problems sometimes.

Other than that I would just say it's probably a fuse problem. There is usually more than one bulb on the climate control unit, so if you have no lights at all then I would look at the illumination power, not the bulbs.
Old 11-18-2008, 06:46 AM
Registered Member

ethan82000 has a reputation beyond reputeethan82000 has a reputation beyond reputeethan82000 has a reputation beyond reputeethan82000 has a reputation beyond reputeethan82000 has a reputation beyond reputeethan82000 has a reputation beyond reputeethan82000 has a reputation beyond reputeethan82000 has a reputation beyond reputeethan82000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Livin_Legend
Also the dome light only works when i manually switch the light on and not with the door switch (even when the dome light is switched in the middle) . I figured it might be corrosion within the switch but both doors look fine.

go to where the switch is in your doorjam and make sure the screw is in it..if its not, it wont work...other than that, check ur fuses
Old 11-18-2008, 07:55 AM
Brown Water

Checked both door switches (Passenger and driver) and they were intact. All fuses are in the correct slots and still in contact.