Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Header question please help

Old 12-29-2013, 07:17 AM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MUFF_DIVER MUFF_DIVER MUFF_DIVER MUFF_DIVER MUFF_DIVER MUFF_DIVER MUFF_DIVER MUFF_DIVER MUFF_DIVER MUFF_DIVER MUFF_DIVER
Question Header question please help

Ok guys here is a stumper I will probably get roasted for this but here goes I bought a set of headers for my b series I noticed it did not have a hole for the O2 sensor I should mention I have a 96 integra. (Obd2) upon doing some research I discovered that obd2 cars have 2 o2 sensors one on the cat and one on the headers. I bought a header that is for a obd1 b series I'm guessing.so I searched more and asked around and found that I could have a bung welded on the headers to put my extra 02 sensor. With that being said I was wondering if that would act the same as a obd2 header. Seems like a no brainer of so if I did get the bung welded in how much would be a reasonable price to get the bung welded into the header? What is a good price to pay.any input would help thanks a lot
Old 12-29-2013, 09:06 AM
RIP DRAGVA-2016

NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch
Default Re: Header question please help

Originally Posted by MUFF_DIVER
Ok guys here is a stumper I will probably get roasted for this but here goes I bought a set of headers for my b series I noticed it did not have a hole for the O2 sensor I should mention I have a 96 integra. (Obd2) upon doing some research I discovered that obd2 cars have 2 o2 sensors one on the cat and one on the headers. I bought a header that is for a obd1 b series I'm guessing.so I searched more and asked around and found that I could have a bung welded on the headers to put my extra 02 sensor. With that being said I was wondering if that would act the same as a obd2 header. Seems like a no brainer of so if I did get the bung welded in how much would be a reasonable price to get the bung welded into the header? What is a good price to pay.any input would help thanks a lot
i would charge you about $50 to do this
Old 12-29-2013, 09:11 AM
Anal hammer

JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal

Yup with NasT on this about $50. Unless it's cast which I doubt.
Old 12-29-2013, 09:28 AM
Registered member

MUFF_DIVER MUFF_DIVER MUFF_DIVER MUFF_DIVER MUFF_DIVER MUFF_DIVER MUFF_DIVER MUFF_DIVER MUFF_DIVER MUFF_DIVER MUFF_DIVER

Wow really 50? It's just drilling a hole and welding somethig on..would that be hardware included or would I have to provide hardware?
Old 12-29-2013, 09:38 AM
Anal hammer

Metal work isn't cheap bud.
Old 12-29-2013, 10:27 AM
Registered member

I've had hangers welded on olus pipe extended for 20 bucks bro
Old 12-29-2013, 10:30 AM
management

boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom

Typical cheap ass fucking Honda driver.
Old 12-29-2013, 10:30 AM
Anal hammer

Originally Posted by MUFF_DIVER
I've had hangers welded on olus pipe extended for 20 bucks bro
I do this everyday son. Welding a simple hanger on and cutting a hole and welding in a bung correctly isn't the same ballpark.
Why ask a question if you're just going to argue with professional advice when it's given?

And since it's so easy and simple jump online shell out the $500 for a welding machine capable of doing this job and do it yourself. Then you can run your own welding services for $20 a pop.
Old 12-29-2013, 10:34 AM
LET THE HATE FLOW

Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass

Lul @ the plight of the Hondurp.
Old 12-29-2013, 10:44 AM
Registered member

Ok first of all not cheap money is stretched kause of bills..plus other unexpected expenses. If you are a pro and work at a shop then more props to you. As far as professional I didint know if you were. Some people act like professionals then end up doing a half ass job in their back yard. I will pay quality money for quality work if I can be ensured that it can be done right I will pay hence dc sport headers rather than eBay.no arguments I'm just trying to get professional advice on how to do it correctly. I want it do e of you can ensure me it's done correctly how it's supposed to be I will pay just saying hope you understand my point of view

Quick Reply: Header question please help