VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Tech Talk (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/tech-talk-9/)
-   -   Header question please help (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/tech-talk-9/header-question-please-help-480126/)

MUFF_DIVER 12-29-2013 07:17 AM

Header question please help

Ok guys here is a stumper I will probably get roasted for this but here goes I bought a set of headers for my b series I noticed it did not have a hole for the O2 sensor I should mention I have a 96 integra. (Obd2) upon doing some research I discovered that obd2 cars have 2 o2 sensors one on the cat and one on the headers. I bought a header that is for a obd1 b series I'm guessing.so I searched more and asked around and found that I could have a bung welded on the headers to put my extra 02 sensor. With that being said I was wondering if that would act the same as a obd2 header. Seems like a no brainer of so if I did get the bung welded in how much would be a reasonable price to get the bung welded into the header? What is a good price to pay.any input would help thanks a lot

NasTHatch 12-29-2013 09:06 AM

Re: Header question please help

Originally Posted by MUFF_DIVER (Post 8246790)
Ok guys here is a stumper I will probably get roasted for this but here goes I bought a set of headers for my b series I noticed it did not have a hole for the O2 sensor I should mention I have a 96 integra. (Obd2) upon doing some research I discovered that obd2 cars have 2 o2 sensors one on the cat and one on the headers. I bought a header that is for a obd1 b series I'm guessing.so I searched more and asked around and found that I could have a bung welded on the headers to put my extra 02 sensor. With that being said I was wondering if that would act the same as a obd2 header. Seems like a no brainer of so if I did get the bung welded in how much would be a reasonable price to get the bung welded into the header? What is a good price to pay.any input would help thanks a lot

i would charge you about $50 to do this

JacKal 12-29-2013 09:11 AM

Yup with NasT on this about $50. Unless it's cast which I doubt.

MUFF_DIVER 12-29-2013 09:28 AM

Wow really 50? It's just drilling a hole and welding somethig on..would that be hardware included or would I have to provide hardware?

JacKal 12-29-2013 09:38 AM

Metal work isn't cheap bud.

MUFF_DIVER 12-29-2013 10:27 AM

I've had hangers welded on olus pipe extended for 20 bucks bro

boredom 12-29-2013 10:30 AM

Typical cheap ass fucking Honda driver.

JacKal 12-29-2013 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by MUFF_DIVER (Post 8246868)
I've had hangers welded on olus pipe extended for 20 bucks bro

I do this everyday son. Welding a simple hanger on and cutting a hole and welding in a bung correctly isn't the same ballpark.
Why ask a question if you're just going to argue with professional advice when it's given?

And since it's so easy and simple jump online shell out the $500 for a welding machine capable of doing this job and do it yourself. Then you can run your own welding services for $20 a pop.

Yardjass 12-29-2013 10:34 AM

Lul @ the plight of the Hondurp.

MUFF_DIVER 12-29-2013 10:44 AM

Ok first of all not cheap money is stretched kause of bills..plus other unexpected expenses. If you are a pro and work at a shop then more props to you. As far as professional I didint know if you were. Some people act like professionals then end up doing a half ass job in their back yard. I will pay quality money for quality work if I can be ensured that it can be done right I will pay hence dc sport headers rather than eBay.no arguments I'm just trying to get professional advice on how to do it correctly. I want it do e of you can ensure me it's done correctly how it's supposed to be I will pay just saying hope you understand my point of view