Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.
View Poll Results: manifold or headers
stock manifold
25.00%
header
75.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

header or manifold

Old 05-15-2009, 08:48 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TweederSi will become famous soon enough
Default header or manifold

ok i need to get a new exhaust manifold for my tacoma, mine has a huge crack.
i have found a replacement for the stock manifold for $150 at autozone.

i have also found a few headers, one is a LC engineering(very nice c-coated) $350, thats way to much money than i need to spend on a truck i paid $500 for.

on ebay, yes ebay, i found pacesetters for 180, Obx for like 250, and Rux 300.

i will need a whole new exhuast system very soon anyway. with the header i have to take it to an exhaust shop. money is an issues, so im just going with the pacesetter, anyone got any good or bad info on pace setters? i do plan on wrapping them.

so what do you thing stock or headers?

oh if you know a good exhaust shop please let me know.

Last edited by TweederSi; 05-15-2009 at 10:12 AM.
Old 05-15-2009, 08:53 AM
Dickbutt #peentip

Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin
Default Re: header or manifold

I bought a cheapo ebay header for my fo po oh (4.0 cherokee) and it held up great. Never leaked.
Old 05-15-2009, 09:00 AM
Registered Member

cool
Old 05-15-2009, 11:17 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

PaceSetter is OK for the money, but don't expect too much from them. Same with the other brands. It's really difficult to get good quality construction or materials for a really cheap price, just like everything else in life.

Honestly though, given that the PaceSetter is the same price as the stock manifold, and a $500 truck isn't going to last forever (so the header doesn't have to either), I'd try the PaceSetter header and see if you can pick up a few HP.

If you're going to wrap a header, wrap it while it's new so you have the best chance of keeping the stock header coating intact for moisture protection. This assumes that the PaceSetter is mild steel (not stainless) like most of their stuff.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:35 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
PaceSetter is OK for the money, but don't expect too much from them. Same with the other brands. It's really difficult to get good quality construction or materials for a really cheap price, just like everything else in life.

Honestly though, given that the PaceSetter is the same price as the stock manifold, and a $500 truck isn't going to last forever (so the header doesn't have to either), I'd try the PaceSetter header and see if you can pick up a few HP.

If you're going to wrap a header, wrap it while it's new so you have the best chance of keeping the stock header coating intact for moisture protection. This assumes that the PaceSetter is mild steel (not stainless) like most of their stuff.
thats what i was think, its just nice to hear it from someone else. def wrapping before installed.