Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

head unit install help

Old 05-30-2005, 01:46 PM
GO GO GODZILLA!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Excel Auto Excel Auto Excel Auto Excel Auto Excel Auto Excel Auto Excel Auto Excel Auto Excel Auto Excel Auto Excel Auto
Default head unit install help

trying to install a head unit into a 2000 civic coupe. im just having a hard time taking out the stock unit. do i need to take off the whole center console face plate? with all the a/c controls and everything just to take out the head unit? cuz the face plate of the deck is flush against the bracket so it doesnt look like theres a key or anything im supposed to put in there ..and i took the tray out from underneath the deck, and theres no screws in view or anything. if anyone knows how to take this bitch out that would be a great help. or if anyone in nova can help me taking it out it would be appreciated. thanks in advance.
Old 05-30-2005, 02:00 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: head unit install help

Yes, I believe the front panel pops off. It's been a while since I've touched a 00 civ, but I remember it being pretty easy. There should be panel clips that hold the front console face down, so the whole thing will pop off. Be gentle. Stock head unit mounting points are usually hidden behind stuff like panels, but they're easy to get to.
Old 05-30-2005, 06:03 PM

lvmyhnda has disabled reputation
Default Re: head unit install help

hey man it does pop off only after you get the two 8 mil's out. you have to take apart the center consol a little. the plastic piece under the radio bezel that has the knock out plates has to be removed first and then you can get to the screws. after that the radio and ac control unit will come out... but be carefull the dash is soft so if you stick something in between the dash and the plastic it will mark up the dash... hope this helps