Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Head Swap on b16a

Old 10-29-2003, 12:08 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CRXtacy is a name known to allCRXtacy is a name known to allCRXtacy is a name known to allCRXtacy is a name known to allCRXtacy is a name known to allCRXtacy is a name known to all
Default Head Swap on b16a

I was wondering if you could put a type r or a gsr head on an obd1 b16 block. has anyone done this or know of a site where i can get info on this sort of thing?
Old 10-29-2003, 01:02 PM
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of

You can do it. It bolts right onto the block just like the pr3 head does. There is no modification needed. The p72 (GSR) head will raise the static compression a little and the ITR head is basically a pr3 head with a valve job and some minimal porting in the bowl area. I think the ITR head is a waste of money, but that is just me.
Old 10-29-2003, 02:51 PM
Huntin Dropa ForLife

RPRacing has disabled reputation

b16 head has better flow. leave it. switch blocks if you do anything.