Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

having some trouble le with my rb20 swap in s13

Old 12-23-2011, 04:35 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
elementon24s has disabled reputation
Default having some trouble le with my rb20 swap in s13

Looking to find someone in the shortpump area that has knowledge on rb20dets im having a few problems with mine and this is my first rb so its all greek to me. Ive spent days looking and reading posts and just cant seem to find out what’s wrong with the car. The motor came out of another car and was working just fine not having any of the issues that I am so im thinking maybe in the wiring or something. When you first start the car everything is fine you can get down on it no problems under full boost but after about 3 or 4 min even if your just driving it normal it feels like your getting fuel cut. When I first put the motor in the car it was running open down pipe and last night I put it back on to see if that would help whatever was going on with it but it didn’t. as soon as you get into boost over 3500 it cuts out anything over about 3psi. the car has a stock down pipe and 3 ½ exhaust and it has been tuned and has a 255 fule pump other then that and a hks filter its pretty much stock. The plugs have been changed ive checked the ecu and it blinks 5 and 5 and that means everything is ok. But the funny thing is when it starts running like crap after a few min the red led on the ecu will randomly go on and off when its not in test mode. Ive watched it and it its not blinking out a code or anything it total random. I have also done a pressure test and it help 15 psi for about 15 min before it fell to about 6 it shouldn’t be boost leak. Then I was thinking maybe coil packs but it runs great when you first start it weather its cold or warm but after a few min something happens feel free to give me a ring if you think you can help i know time is money i have no problem paying to get this fixed.
Old 12-23-2011, 06:53 AM
Registered Member

elementon24s has disabled reputation
Default or

Or someone near me that has the swap done that I can look at a few things
Old 12-26-2011, 06:13 AM
Banned

FatDakLove is infamous around these partsFatDakLove is infamous around these partsFatDakLove is infamous around these partsFatDakLove is infamous around these partsFatDakLove is infamous around these partsFatDakLove is infamous around these partsFatDakLove is infamous around these partsFatDakLove is infamous around these partsFatDakLove is infamous around these partsFatDakLove is infamous around these partsFatDakLove is infamous around these parts
Default Re: having some trouble le with my rb20 swap in s13

first thing that comes to mind is to check the timing, was an issue with one of my past cars. After words, I was able to run out to redline.
Old 12-28-2011, 11:03 AM
Registered Member

Boost240sx Boost240sx Boost240sx Boost240sx Boost240sx Boost240sx Boost240sx Boost240sx Boost240sx Boost240sx Boost240sx
Default Re: having some trouble le with my rb20 swap in s13

My initial response would be vacuum leak but you said you checked that so next would be check and clean the MAF. Even better would be to try one you know works.