Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

has anybody put an ls swap in a 99 civ ex

Old 05-25-2004, 08:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jdmfun99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default has anybody put an ls swap in a 99 civ ex

anybody ever put an ls into a 99 civic EX. My problem is that I'm dropping a 96 ls into my 99 EX coupe and I'm using the stock harness. Everything plugs up but the dist plug on both the dist. and the harness are the same so I had to rig up some bullshit. We just got it running tonite and we're putting everything back on tom. I guess my question is: does anybody know what dist will just plug right in or some other ideas?
Old 05-28-2004, 05:02 PM
Registered Member

Twiz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: has anybody put an ls swap in a 99 civ ex

Originally Posted by jdmfun99
anybody ever put an ls into a 99 civic EX. My problem is that I'm dropping a 96 ls into my 99 EX coupe and I'm using the stock harness. Everything plugs up but the dist plug on both the dist. and the harness are the same so I had to rig up some bullshit. We just got it running tonite and we're putting everything back on tom. I guess my question is: does anybody know what dist will just plug right in or some other ideas?

You need a 99-00 distrib from an LS. There is minor differences between the civic 96-98 and the civic 99-00 wiring harness. I learned that when I did a 99 ex swap into the 96 civic dx we have.
Old 05-28-2004, 05:18 PM
Handling is Key!

Voodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these parts
Default Re: has anybody put an ls swap in a 99 civ ex

Give us a call at the shop tomorrow 853 7771, talk to Gray.