Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Has anybody bought a turbo kit from ebay?

Old 07-20-2006, 11:51 AM
Blah!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
flat is infamous around these partsflat is infamous around these partsflat is infamous around these partsflat is infamous around these partsflat is infamous around these partsflat is infamous around these partsflat is infamous around these partsflat is infamous around these partsflat is infamous around these partsflat is infamous around these partsflat is infamous around these parts
Default Has anybody bought a turbo kit from ebay?

Has anybody bought a turbo kit from ebay, if so post if it was worth it or not. Did the turbo last a long time. Or was it just a scam type of deal. I'm looking at a kit from Dynasty Auto, has anybody bought this kit from them. it's 850 buy it now and 130 ship.

let me know the good's and the bads about these kits. thanks
Old 07-20-2006, 11:55 AM
Needs a fast car now

NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET
Default Re: Has anybody bought a turbo kit from ebay?

this member on another sr20 forum i am a member of bought they fake gt28rs it was a real gt28r centersection and exhuast housing from garrett but the inlet housing was made in chine anyways he has had if for over a year now and still no problems but for as your question a whole kit i once did and sold it right afterwards kept the BOV though
Old 07-20-2006, 11:55 AM
Banned

DOHC crx VTEC is an unknown quantity at this point

before you spend that money, look here on drag. there is a turbo kit for cheap. But the one from EJ8kid is mine
Old 07-20-2006, 12:37 PM
Bowtie Bound?? ;)

Nigerian Hair is a jewel in the roughNigerian Hair is a jewel in the roughNigerian Hair is a jewel in the rough

do not buy ebay turbo kits. most of them are not made with the same quality as drag,precision,turbonetics,greddy,peakboost,etc. Kits. Sometimes people get lucky,and get a kit that makes power,and holds up. But i have heard horror stories,and seen Manifolds crack and break,turbos glued together,and other stupid shit. If you are gonna go turbo,have the confidence that you can piece it together with decent quality parts,and dont trust ebay turbo kits to keep your motor from blowing,or your kit from breaking.
Old 07-20-2006, 06:19 PM
Blah!

flat is infamous around these partsflat is infamous around these partsflat is infamous around these partsflat is infamous around these partsflat is infamous around these partsflat is infamous around these partsflat is infamous around these partsflat is infamous around these partsflat is infamous around these partsflat is infamous around these partsflat is infamous around these parts

I only have a grand to play with. And everybody on drag is asking ridcioulsy amount for a kit. So i was just lookin on ebay.
Old 07-20-2006, 06:24 PM
.V

lLOlRlElN has disabled reputation

just save. it'll do you some good
Old 07-20-2006, 06:29 PM

dorifto83 dorifto83

I've had two friends who tried to save a couple hundred dollars by getting the ebay ssautochrome kit, but ended up paying more because they had to purchase a second turbo kit since the ebay one was junk. Just have patience and do it the right way the first time.
Old 07-20-2006, 06:29 PM
ladies love my foam.

iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam

PM me...

i can hook you up a deal on a brand new turbo kit... for $1000 shipped. (non ssac or xspower ebay shit)
Old 07-22-2006, 11:59 AM
Colonel Sanders

usmcbugle85 has disabled reputation

I am one of those guys who bought the Ebay "turbo kit." I was so excited to see a "complete" turbo kit for so cheap. This was before I knew anything about anything. All I knew was that I wanted a turbo. In the year and a half since I've had my car and installed the turbo kit, I have had more problems than you can imagine. Here are some reasons why you shouldn't buy an ebay turbo kit.

1. When it says complete turbo kit, its not complete. It probably comes with turbo, intercooler piping, intercooler, BOV, wastegate, manifold and all hardware. What it won't come with are bigger fuel injectors, a bigger fuel pump, a downpipe, engine management, and various other exhaust components to make it work. This leaves you to buy all these things before hand or to take it to a shop and have them tell you that they cant install this untill you have all this extra stuff. Not to mention you'll have to purchase an upgraded clutch because the added horsepower and tq from your new turbo will eat through your OEM clutch like it was butter. (NOTE: dont buy a "stage 2" racing clutch off of Ebay. That one went quicker than the OEM one would have)

2. The parts are cheap. I bought a turbonetics kit off of Ebay that wasnt complete, and now Im having doubts that its actually turbonetics. Luckily I havent had any problems with the turbo, bov, or wastegate yet. The cast iron manifold that came with the kit cracked after about 3 weeks. Did this teach me a lesson? NOPE! I went right back to Ebay and bought a chrome tubular exhaust manifold because "it looked cool." Well, I took that along with my car to Inline Pro to get some other stuff done and they showed me 3 of those manifolds on their floor that were absolutely destroyed. So I had to end up buying yet another manifold.

It sucks that I had to go through all of this to get to where I am now but Im kind of glad I did because I learned a really good lesson on not buying cheap parts. I ended up blowing my motor because I ran the turbo kit without bigger injectors and with no fuel management. When I finally did get the injectors and VAFC. The engine blew because the VAFC is out of date technology. My advice to you is to learn the lessons that others have learned through fucking shit up and doing it the wrong way. Do shit right the first time and you'll be better off in the long run. It may cost more at first but it'll save you the money of having to go back and do the same thing over again. What I have learned out of all of my experiences, is to not buy something until you can afford the best. That way you have the peace of mind that what you put in your car was the best that you could do. If that means waiting until you can buy an off the shelf Greddy kit or something comparable then wait. Trust me itll pay off in the end.

Sorry this was so long but Ive been waiting to tell that to somebody for a long time.
Old 07-24-2006, 12:03 AM
Registered Member

joshuaa3 has disabled reputation

i heard all the most bestest car parts are made in china!<sarcasm> i heard good things about the stage 2 xtd clutches though. they are made in japan. i was talking to someone before about chinese cars and supposedly they last about 3 2-3 years average.

Quick Reply: Has anybody bought a turbo kit from ebay?