Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Harness and mounting location question!!!! EK Hatch

Old 05-29-2011, 06:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN
Default Harness and mounting location question!!!! EK Hatch

Hey all, just bought an EK hatch yesterday and it has Cusco cage and Bride Ergo ll reclinable seats. Only problem, it has no harnesses and stock belt latches will not bolt on the side of the seat brackets. SO, no air bags, cage, and no seat belts, sounds like a death trap to me. So at the very least I would like to get some harnesses to put in there.

Question number one:

Where in the EK hatch, with no harness bar, can I mount the harnesses in the back? And please, do not guess, I don't play with my safety so I would like someone of experience and great knowledge to answer this!

Question number 2: (keeping number one in mind)

Which harness would I need? I was thinking the SCCA sedan???

http://www.crowenterprizes.com/Pages...estraints.html

Thank you in advance!
Old 05-29-2011, 06:45 AM
Needs more poke.

Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada
Default Re: Harness and mounting location question!!!! EK Hatch

Trash that garbage cage and get one that actually has a harness bar. Like an autopower bar/cage. Without a harness bar theres no safe place to mount the sholder harnesses.

Also G-force harnesses ftw.
Old 05-29-2011, 07:01 AM

MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN

Eventually, but not right now. The car is not getting tracked it is basically for show but I prefer if something happens driving around that I wont end up in the windshield or something. And thanks for the suggestion, but I know plenty who will say do not get g forces. Guess its personally preference.
Old 05-29-2011, 07:18 AM
Needs more poke.

Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada

Originally Posted by MICK LVN
Eventually, but not right now. The car is not getting tracked it is basically for show but I prefer if something happens driving around that I wont end up in the windshield or something. And thanks for the suggestion, but I know plenty who will say do not get g forces. Guess its personally preference.
Ive been tracking my car for 4 years and i see more cars with G-force harnesses then anything else. The only time ive seen crow harnesses is in hardparking track wannabe cars. But it looks like thats what you're going for.
Old 05-29-2011, 07:30 AM

Don't get me wrong, going off of hear say. And crows are just for hard parking? They are fia approved are they not? Meaning they can be used for track use? Sooooooo, why are you taking shots at me? I did not build this car and would like to have it safe until I can install an autopower and have it done right, the way I would have done it.

Anyone know what I can do for the time being???
Old 05-29-2011, 07:43 AM
SG

C16EFSedan has disabled reputation

Blast it with piss?
Old 05-29-2011, 07:46 AM
Needs more poke.

Originally Posted by MICK LVN
Don't get me wrong, going off of hear say. And crows are just for hard parking? They are fia approved are they not? Meaning they can be used for track use? Sooooooo, why are you taking shots at me? I did not build this car and would like to have it safe until I can install an autopower and have it done right, the way I would have done it.

Anyone know what I can do for the time being???
I have no idea if they're FIA approved. All im saying is i've never seen anyone use them.
Old 05-29-2011, 08:13 AM

Understandable. Do g forces use camlocks? Or have the option I should say? And is a 4 point fine for street use?
Old 05-29-2011, 08:26 AM
Registered member

Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2

I truthfully would feel unsafe riding around on the street with that cusco BS. As far as harnesses go, all harness manufacturers list specifications for mounting the harness correctly. G-force, Simpson,and basically anything else rated is fine. Latch and link harnesses are fine and some people prefer them but a camlock will make things a bit easier/faster if you are not used to the latch/link style. You would most likely be alright with a 4 point, however there is still the possibility of submarining under the belts albeit very small.
Old 05-29-2011, 08:45 AM

Trust me, this is my first car like this (no air bags no way to use oem belts) so I already feel unsafe compared to what I've been in before. I know you can never predict any type of accident you may be in, but im a very conservative driver and want to know that im not going to get seriously injured or killed in a less than crucial accident.

Quick Reply: Harness and mounting location question!!!! EK Hatch