Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

hard wire vtec selinoid?

Old 12-24-2007, 07:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN
Default hard wire vtec selinoid?

hey guys wanted to know if it was cool to instead of using the connectors you could just hard wire it? reason im asking is my motor is going in thursday and dont have time to go get a new selinoid coonector
Old 12-24-2007, 07:52 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT
Default Re: hard wire vtec selinoid?

id at least use some electrical connectors.extend the wires and solder them on until you can get a connector.
Old 12-24-2007, 07:54 AM

MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN

yeah i mean i would eventually get them but i just need something to do so i can drive my car thursday when the motor goes in
Old 12-24-2007, 08:00 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

It's a solenoid. What solenoid are you talking about, the VTEC solenoid? If that's the case, just keep below 5k RPM and you'll be fine. You don't have to have the VTEC solenoid wired up to drive around unless you're planning on flogging the engine as soon as you put it in.
Old 12-24-2007, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
It's a solenoid. What solenoid are you talking about, the VTEC solenoid? If that's the case, just keep below 5k RPM and you'll be fine. You don't have to have the VTEC solenoid wired up to drive around unless you're planning on flogging the engine as soon as you put it in.
thats true but while the guy is being paid to do it id rather have him just go ahead and wire it up
Old 12-24-2007, 09:40 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

I'd wait for a connector, the only way to hard wire it would be to solder wires right to the connector pins. You'd run the risk of damaging the solenoid, as well as possibly being unable to use a connector once you eventually got one. It probably won't be very waterproof either, and exposed electrical terminals aren't that great in an engine bay.
You're paying someone to do a swap for you, yet you're willing to let the guy do a hack job on it in the interest of time?
Old 12-27-2007, 06:28 PM
Full Access Member

jlgrtype jlgrtype jlgrtype jlgrtype jlgrtype jlgrtype jlgrtype

just get the conector or have him run the wires up to the solenoid so all you have to do is conect the wires to the conector.