Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

H2B Owners...

Old 12-18-2008, 05:40 AM
TreblicTunedFTW!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Subie2Honda Subie2Honda
Default H2B Owners...

Hey, I know pretty well at this point what my plans are, and as the title states, I've decided that H2B seems like a pretty profitable route. Either way, I've done a pretty decent amount of research and discovered that there are multiple kits available for my swap, and I'm undecided on which route to take.

A company called "EVOlution Industries" makes a decent one, for $900 or so, but I'm really not too sure what all that includes.

The nicest one, from what I've heard, is offered by "Bisimoto Engineering" (www.bisimoto.com/), but it seems sorta pricey. $2300? damn thats alot of money. Either way, this is getting done, so if I gotta spend the money, so be it.

Here's my questions:
-to those who are running H2B, what kit do you recommend(adapter plates, mounts) and why?
-what times are you seeing(conservatively tuned)?
-where will I find the best prices? Maybe I suck at Google, but I don't honestly know the best way of searching for this("h-series motor to b-series transmission" just pulls up way to many hits)

Thanks in Advance.
Old 12-18-2008, 07:48 AM
Registered Member

AdubsGSR has disabled reputation
Default Re: H2B Owners...

I've actually got the swap but haven't installed it yet. I've got the Quartersports one though and it's going in a dc. I want the Evolution one though because I hear you don't have to space your hood/cut your webbing for it. If your stuffin this in a civic, depending on what chassis, the swaps are slightly different to install for diff years. You probably won't get much help/info on this swap on Driven as I have tried before to no avail. But check out these sites and I'm pretty sure most, if not all, of what you need to know can be found. Good luck man and keep me updated on your progress.

www.quartersportsdrag.com
www.exospeed.com/category.php?id=384
http://evoindusa.uia.net/index.php?o...f2e3358753833c
Old 12-18-2008, 08:07 AM
TreblicTunedFTW!!

Subie2Honda Subie2Honda

Thanks man, and I'm gonna need the luck. I'm thinking about starting the tear-down on Friday, and if I it would be useful I'm thinkin' about startin' a thread to follow progress. I've messed with engine work before, but fortunately I should have my buddy there to help(an ASE certified Master Tech), and he has alot more Honda experience than I do. The hardest part is gonna be to save up all the money necessary.

Thanks alot for the links! And yeah, it's goin' into an EF9 HB, so this should be fun.....
Old 12-18-2008, 10:39 AM
Registered Member

AdubsGSR has disabled reputation

http://www.quartersportsdrag.com/FAQ.html Talks about your hood clearance issues

http://www.jsmotorsports.org/forums/...ad.php?p=41151 Shows some of the crap you'll have go through to cram this in an ef.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-2zdCpZR9Q Thought you might find this mildly entertaining
Old 12-18-2008, 11:51 AM
TreblicTunedFTW!!

Subie2Honda Subie2Honda

See but here's my issue.....it seems like there are kits out there that will clear the stock hood, however QSD's apparently doesnt. WTF? Is there any way to do this without a mustang-like hood cowl?
Old 12-18-2008, 01:43 PM
Registered Member

KYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud of

Hood spacers is what I have done in the past. This was in a eg, now a ef there is no way around a hole in the hood, unless you raise the hood very high in the rear. The plus side is the ground clearance is much better with the qsd and so is the axle angle.
Old 12-18-2008, 02:27 PM
13.5:1 Poor Mans R

Kana has disabled reputation

I have a close friend of mine that has an H2B in a 92-95 Civic Hatch. Car is fairly quick and VTEC isnt hooked up.

He is running the Evolution kit. Get the kit that has EVERYTHING, i know its a little much but it saves time and money in the long run. As for the swap itself, you HAVE to notch the back of the block for the half-shaft to fit. It comes with something to go by, go a little more than what it says. There isnt a way around the hood problem. The motor sits pretty close to the ground and goooood luck.

Ill post pics later of the swap.
Old 12-19-2008, 03:50 AM
TreblicTunedFTW!!

Subie2Honda Subie2Honda

Thanks. Yeah, either way this swap is happening lol...I'm in too deep already lol

Either way, I'd love to see some pics.
Old 12-19-2008, 07:34 AM
Slammedxpert

SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush

http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1588323

Enjoy, all you need to know. I'd like to see you do this swap. "Kswap killer!"
Old 12-19-2008, 07:46 AM
TreblicTunedFTW!!

Subie2Honda Subie2Honda

Well I started to order ALOT of the necessary equipment today via Hybrid Garage....Savage is really taking good care of me, so this swap is a definate at this point. It's just a matter of time till she hits the pavement, lol

Quick Reply: H2B Owners...