Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

h22 on nitrous

Old 03-29-2006, 11:44 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
coolguycar has disabled reputation
Default h22 on nitrous

already here is the deal i want to build my block to withstand like a 150-200 shot on my block with the low compresion pistons and shit like that but what i am wondering is if this is going to effect my speed for when i dont want to spray and how much use am i going to be able to get out the block before i will have to rebuild it again. i dont really know alot about nitrous builds so any help will be good. thanks

thanks alot that helps alot, people were tellin me that i need to go with low compression pistons to handle that size shot but i guess they were wrong. But now i have another question. i was lookin at pistons today and i found some forged Mahle pistons and i was readin about those and they said that u dont have to sleeve the block for these pistons because of their material but i was wondering what kind of shot you all think they could handle and if you all could point me in the right direction in getin to my goal on getting a 150 shot.
PS. i sprayed my car with a 75 shot today and it was naaaaassty

Last edited by coolguycar; 03-29-2006 at 08:28 PM.
Old 03-29-2006, 12:20 PM
what the fuuuuu-

h22civic has a reputation beyond reputeh22civic has a reputation beyond reputeh22civic has a reputation beyond reputeh22civic has a reputation beyond reputeh22civic has a reputation beyond reputeh22civic has a reputation beyond reputeh22civic has a reputation beyond reputeh22civic has a reputation beyond reputeh22civic has a reputation beyond reputeh22civic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: h22 on nitrous

well get ready to spend alot of money because im sure your going to need it sleeved and everything else $$$!! good luck though
Old 03-29-2006, 12:21 PM
Banned

DOHC crx VTEC is an unknown quantity at this point

Holy shit. 150? Good christ.
Old 03-29-2006, 12:40 PM
Registered Member

95B18c1 95B18c1 95B18c1 95B18c1 95B18c1 95B18c1

To answer your question low compresion motors are pigs without any help you'll be alot slower, you should pm 4nmusle he loved nitrous for years.

Last edited by 95B18c1; 03-29-2006 at 12:48 PM.
Old 03-29-2006, 12:42 PM
just spit on it!!

ludetrouble will become famous soon enough

when you are ready to sleeve give me a call. what year motor is it?
Old 03-29-2006, 02:47 PM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

go with 11:1 compression ratio and a shot on top of that.. just tune conservatively on nitrous..
Old 03-29-2006, 03:00 PM
Jungle Boogie

Jester_Si has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by GaRn
go with 11:1 compression ratio and a shot on top of that.. just tune conservatively on nitrous..
what he said...there is No reason to run low comp. I have seen 12.5with spray......
Old 03-29-2006, 06:57 PM
Registered Member

coolguycar has disabled reputation

thanks alot that helps alot, people were tellin me that i need to go with low compression pistons to handle that size shot but i guess they were wrong. But now i have another question. i was lookin at pistons today and i found some forged Mahle pistons and i was readin about those and they said that u dont have to sleeve the block for these pistons because of their material but i was wondering what kind of shot you all think they could handle and if you all could point me in the right direction in getin to my goal on getting a 150 shot.
PS. i sprayed my car with a 75 shot today and it was naaaaassty
Old 03-29-2006, 08:11 PM
Sumospeed #O.G.

SlowLS is an unknown quantity at this point

If you want to spray that big of a shot, You will need forge internals at least. Pistons and rods. Also go high compression not low. Nitrous like high compression. Should sleeve it to be safe, or at least run a block guard. They are much cheaper than sleaving and an easy install, just not as affective. And this is probably a give, but make sure your using a wet kit with that big of a shot. And tuning will be they key.
Old 03-30-2006, 07:57 AM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

The Mahle piston thing is/was a huge debate, several people have tested the car with negative results, some with good.. Just go on honda-tech and search your little heart to death..

IMO I would just sleeve it anyways..

Quick Reply: h22 on nitrous