Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

h22 in a integra

Old 11-21-2006, 12:05 PM
cubs 4 life

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
boostedgst97 has disabled reputation
Default h22 in a integra

ok so my boy vinnie has a 95 integra. his bro just wrecked his 97 prelude. vinnies brother is gonna give him the motor l\for like 400 bux. vinnie wants to know how hard and how much money he is looking at to swap the ls motor out in favor of the h22. i told him wiring harness motor mounts and a h-b series adapter. how much is all that gonna cost him plus instalation of the motor
Old 11-21-2006, 12:56 PM
time for a change

SmallBlock_DC2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: h22 in a integra

Its really not all that expensive if you already have the motor and tranny.
Old 11-21-2006, 06:57 PM
cubs 4 life

boostedgst97 has disabled reputation

how much money am i lookin at
Old 11-21-2006, 07:16 PM
Registered Member

KYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud of

You can use your stock harneess if you change some plugs, google it there is alot of info about if to do it yourself. If you run the h2b kit you will not need h series mounts you can you use all stock mounts b series mounts with it. There is some machine work that is needed on the crank pulley or some frame beating on the drivers side to fit the h series in there with the h2b. If you decide to go that way,and also you have to shave the back of the block a little for the axle to rotate without hitting it. Also the hood will have to be brought up a little with spacers to clear the intake manifold with the kit. Also you will need a aluminum flywheel the stock flywheel will not work with the the h2b. One more thing you will also need to remove the backside balancer shaft pulley to clear the drivers side frame rail. Seems like alot of work but in the end you will love the feel of a b series tranny over the h gearbox. I would recomend getting a shorter geared tranny the ls tranny is not the best if you are going to stay all motor with this setup. Lsd would be nice also.
Old 11-21-2006, 10:35 PM
Banned

why-me is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by KYLE ROSE
You can use your stock harneess if you change some plugs, google it there is alot of info about if to do it yourself. If you run the h2b kit you will not need h series mounts you can you use all stock mounts b series mounts with it. There is some machine work that is needed on the crank pulley or some frame beating on the drivers side to fit the h series in there with the h2b. If you decide to go that way,and also you have to shave the back of the block a little for the axle to rotate without hitting it. Also the hood will have to be brought up a little with spacers to clear the intake manifold with the kit. Also you will need a aluminum flywheel the stock flywheel will not work with the the h2b. One more thing you will also need to remove the backside balancer shaft pulley to clear the drivers side frame rail. Seems like alot of work but in the end you will love the feel of a b series tranny over the h gearbox. I would recomend getting a shorter geared tranny the ls tranny is not the best if you are going to stay all motor with this setup. Lsd would be nice also.
dude i had an h-22 teg stick with the h-22 tranny...yeah the gears are longer but it's less work if you use the place racing or hasport mounts...i had some bad issue's with getting the car to hook up and that was with a b-series gs-r tranny...but if you do go the b-series route i would use a gs-r or ls tranny b/c that motor makes alot of power and torque to back up a longer geared tranny...trust me dude....better one for you when i had my all motor type-r i was faster with a gs-r tranny the the lsd type-r tranny...but lsd is a plus...well if you need it i have the parts list you'll need to do the swap...and there's a lil more to the wiring then just swapping plugs bro...you'll have to use that teg harness and extend some plugs on it but your problem is going from obd-2 to obd-1...just let me know if you need any help...done like 4 of these swaps...
Old 11-22-2006, 05:24 AM
time for a change

Originally Posted by boostedgst97
how much money am i lookin at
Well price out some decent axles, mount kit, and wiring conversion kit and thats mostly the expensive stuff you are going to need. Are you doing the swap yourself? If not labor is costly, but then again do it with some buddies of yours, supply some beer and pizza, and save a lot of money swppaing the engine yourself. You will need some minor things here and there but you can never go too cheap on swapping eninges.
Old 11-22-2006, 01:34 PM
Registered Member

KYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud of

If you feel like drilling out the chasis mount for the motor on the left side of the engine bay out and moving it back and rewelding it in place to fit the h sereis trans mount, cutting the floor board for the shifter box and cables, making custom axles or buying exspensive axles that are made to work, having horrable axle angle, eating up axles due to the horrable axle angle, and having a trans that wont last with any kind of real horsepower, then go ahead and use the h series trans its all up to you.They wouldnt make kits fo fit a bseries trans on the h motor if the h trans was so great. If you want a list of the parts for the regular h swap or the h2b pm me ill help you out. I have done alot more then 4 of these swaps. One more thing WHYME are you trying to tell me you were faster with non lsd gsr trans at the track or street then you were with a type r ( lsd ) trans? I find that hard to believe.
Old 11-22-2006, 04:46 PM
time for a change

If you feel like drilling out the chasis mount for the motor on the left side of the engine bay out and moving it back and rewelding it in place to fit the h sereis trans mount, cutting the floor board for the shifter box and cables, making custom axles or buying exspensive axles that are made to work, having horrable axle angle, eating up axles due to the horrable axle angle, and having a trans that wont last with any kind of real horsepower, then go ahead and use the h series trans its all up to you.They wouldnt make kits fo fit a bseries trans on the h motor if the h trans was so great. If you want a list of the parts for the regular h swap or the h2b pm me ill help you out. I have done alot more then 4 of these swaps. One more thing WHYME are you trying to tell me you were faster with non lsd gsr trans at the track or street then you were with a type r ( lsd ) trans? I find that hard to believe.

You make it sound like you are kind of lazy. Its not that bad. I you enjoy working on your own car or assisting someone who knows what they are doing then yeah it could be consider a lot of work. It probably wont happen over night, but then again not too many big horse power gain projects do.
Old 11-22-2006, 09:47 PM
Registered Member

If you want to do more work and be slower then the other guy that spent the some money on the same swap then go ahead. Ill do less labor and be faster. h2b owns stock h series motor swap stock vs stock

Last edited by KYLE ROSE; 11-22-2006 at 09:54 PM.
Old 11-24-2006, 10:47 AM
Banned

Touge D is an unknown quantity at this point

If you want to do more work and be slower then the other guy that spent the some money on the same swap then go ahead. Ill do less labor and be faster. h2b owns stock h series motor swap stock vs stock
the lighter the car with an H22 swapped in and an H2B, the less traction you're going to have, simple as that.

Quick Reply: h22 in a integra