Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

h22 dc2 integra motor mount

Old 05-03-2012, 08:23 AM
Deno

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
h22dc2teg has disabled reputation
Default h22 dc2 integra motor mount

honda
integra
h22 with a dynamax exhaust and an ebay header

When they did the swap they cut out one of the ls mounts to put in the h22. Has anyone ever heard of welding the mounts back in, more importantly would it be safe to do. I want the h22 out cause i cant go as low as I want to cause it sits so much lower than the ls or b series motors, ive already busted one oil pan. And im havin kind of a hard gettin the driver side axle right for it. Anyone?????
Old 05-03-2012, 08:26 AM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous
Default Re: h22 dc2 integra motor mount

Originally Posted by h22dc2teg
honda
integra

When they did the swap they cut out one of the ls mounts to put in the h22. Has anyone ever heard of welding the mounts back in, more importantly would it be safe to do. I want the h22 out cause i cant go as low as I want to cause it sits so much lower than the ls or b series motors, ive already busted one oil pan. And im havin kind of a hard gettin the driver side axle right for it. Anyone?????
Maybe if you're busting oil pans, you should rethink your goals.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:53 AM
Registered Member

TRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these parts

honda
integra

Buy coilovers. Raise car. No more busted oil pans. Profit?

But if you must, you can weld the bracket back on the frame rail. You just have to source the actual bracket from another car, unless you have it that is.
Old 05-03-2012, 01:29 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

honda
integra

Maybe if you need to swap engines to go lower, you should rethink your goals.
Old 05-04-2012, 03:41 AM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
Maybe if you need to swap engines to go lower, you should rethink your goals.

Fuck you Fabrik....Fuck you
Old 05-04-2012, 04:11 AM
Deno

@L humongous and fabrik8, why don't the both of you just answer the fucking question as presented and keep your suck ass add-ons to yourself....that should be YOUR goals. @trqless, already on coil-overs and I just gotta have it low as possible that's just how I ride haha. Thanks for actually answering the question though....unlike virgin 1 and virgin 2 with the dumb shit.
Old 05-04-2012, 05:47 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Yes, there are ways to put the B-series mount back in, some are better than others depending on how much damage was done when the original mount was removed.

Seriously though, if you're so low that you can't have an H22 your suspension geometry is completely fucked and I wouldn't want to drive the car in the first place. But, whatever you think is best...
Old 05-04-2012, 08:32 AM
Deno

Yes, there are ways to put the B-series mount back in, some are better than others depending on how much damage was done when the original mount was removed.

Seriously though, if you're so low that you can't have an H22 your suspension geometry is completely fucked and I wouldn't want to drive the car in the first place. But, whatever you think
It would only scraped on speed bumps or big deep ass pot holes. I raised it up about a inch and a half already and it's killin me, I think it look like a f'n pick up truck haha. Even before I raised it it actually rode good as shit, didn't bounce crazy or anything. Thanks for the real answer though dude....your not virgin 2 anymore aight.

Last edited by Fabrik8; 05-04-2012 at 08:48 AM. Reason: Quote repaired...
Old 05-04-2012, 08:37 AM
VaDriven Mayhem

@L humongous and fabrik8, why don't the both of you just answer the fucking question as presented and keep your suck ass add-ons to yourself....that should be YOUR goals. @trqless, already on coil-overs and I just gotta have it low as possible that's just how I ride haha. Thanks for actually answering the question though....unlike virgin 1 and virgin 2 with the dumb shit.
Hey faggle,

Busting oilpans just because you want to be low is fucking stupid.

I have a lowered Cobra and I've managed not to pop any pans so maybe it's you?

Seriously though, if you're so low that you can't have an H22 your suspension geometry is completely fucked and I wouldn't want to drive the car in the first place. But, whatever you think is best...
GTFO with your science and suspension geometry. Don't you fucking know form>function?
Old 05-04-2012, 08:50 AM
Racetracks

It would only scraped on speed bumps or big deep ass pot holes. I raised it up about a inch and a half already and it's killin me, I think it look like a f'n pick up truck haha. Even before I raised it it actually rode good as shit, didn't bounce crazy or anything. Thanks for the real answer though dude....your not virgin 2 anymore aight.
Bouncing has to do with your spring rate and how well the dampers work, it has very little to do with ride height.